Pet owners / credit crunch

Sarah

I've read about on other forums about how people are saving money in the "Current economic climate" (gawd i hate that phrase lol) and i'm wondering if specific breeds cost more than others? So what does your beloved cost you per month?

For my two:

Food 42 per month (kibble)

BARF 25 per month

Insurance 30 per month

Treats/pigs ears etc 20 per month

flea / worm 15 per month ish

yikes after writing that down i spend more on the dogs that i do on the kids !!! lol lol

duno mum n dad pay for all that stuff - brought bingo a new collar the other day tho :) his other 1 was lookin abit tatty so thought he needed smartenin up abit

erm hello......where's the pic of Bings sporting his new look???? He may not be a husky but we still wuv him :D

I pay $42 for a 30 lb. bag of kibble, which lasts about 6 weeks. So that equates to:

$28/month for food

HeartWorm Meds $14/month

Flea/Tick $9/month

Treats & Toys $12/month

Health Insurance $25/month

from a different breed point of view (Dogue De Bordeaux & Bullmastiff) just before Sax died we were paying around:

27 per month on food (Arden Grange/Simpsons premium)

18 per month on Leala's Flexicose supplements

38 per month on insurance for the 2

15 per month on sardines

5 per month on butchers scrap bits

(we get a huge thigh bone each week for free from my butcher that is split into smaller bones)

Plus random amounts of things as needed such as....wormers, frontline, hibiscrub, Cleanaural, treats, toys, grooming etc not to mention floor cleaning materials, lol!

That's without vet bills and also the costs we front when fostering other dogs!! We had six here at Xmas....that was fun :)

Thanks to my baby Alaska and her picky eating copmbined with her needing to gain weight....sigh...July we spent:

47 on big bag of Burns kibble for underweight dogs

24 on high energy Lamb Burns kibble

25 on pigs ears, teeth cleaning chews+rawhides, dried beef and tripe sticks

30 on collars and leads (my mum went nuts and got them a matching set each)

10 on frozen tripe

25 on BARF

14 on toys (they go through them in a day!)

20 for both of them for pet insurance >>> we got a great deal with direct line with a super coverage

8.99 for Balto's car sick tablets

60 for dog training for both of them >>>> 5 weeks

50 for Alaska's BakersX2, Chappie, Pedigree, Butchers >> we kind of stocked up at Jollies

20 on flea treatment

(every 3 months) 17 on worming tablets, it used to be 12 but now fat boy weighs in for 2 lol ;)

This month was really pricey 'cos of Alaski and dog training, saying that the dog food and worming will last 3 months, so the next 3 months would be minus the kibble (not the RAW, and the canned will be done by 1 month!). Lets say minus a few treats, as we usally only spend 20 on treats a month, we have given up on toys and buy Kongs so they last forever, plus the dog training last 5 weeks!

THANKS MUM!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, but she does go nuts, she will come home with leads and pig ears and cute little toys >>> i think she enjoys it more than the dogs lol

However the past few months they have had little treats, they have had rawhides and plently of food, but they have had to do with peanut Kongs instead of new toys and daily pigs ears :( , they have even had less raw, but things are picking up and the economy os getting stronger again...yaaay lool :D