Dyson DC33 Animal Review

Dave

So, I got one of the Dyson DC33 Animals delivered on Friday and thought I would post a very quick review. Please bare in mind that the hoover I am moving from is a 'Tesco' own brand, not that thats a bad thing.

The Animal is amazing though. It took me about a quater of the time on Friday to get through the entire house and on of the best bits is the 'mini turbine head'

post-2224-0-82960600-1372930893_thumb.jp

This is an amazing tool for getting the husky hair away. It works just like the main part of the hoover and does a great job so I would reccommend this to current Dyson owners if it will fit your machine.

Overall though I thinks its a great machine and although pricy, so far for me, its worth it.

Review Request

Dog grooming tool - Any good??

post-2224-0-98546700-1372930894_thumb.jp

post-2303-13586009134492_thumb.jpg

post-2303-13586009134931_thumb.jpg

We went from a Vax 1700 Turbo Force that I thought was pretty good to a Dyson DC25 Animal, and I've gotta say the Dyson's are awesome! Especially the Ball version, so easy to move about for constantly hoovering up dog fur!

Not tried the Dyson dog grooming tool, think it would scare the bejesus out of Dexter, and although he's not bad when we're hoovering, he's a bit nervous, so not sure I'd want to try it. Would have better luck taking him outside and brushing him, that way the birds get to line there nests with his fur! (We found 2 last year that was fur lined).

• 2 weeks later...

We bought the motorised powerhead one (I think it's a DC23 / 24?) with the grooming tool about a month ago and other than taking the tool out of the box on the day and trying it out I haven't touched it. The dogs didn't enjoy the vaccum cleaner being so close to them (they're not exactly skittish but it's a pretty big, noisy machine), it's awkward to use since you have to constantly put pressure on the brush to keep the bristles out and maneuver the arm of the vaccum at the same time (definitely a two-hand job) and the vaccum didn't seem to do anything other than suck up the hair that was on the brush - there was no more in the bristles than if I had've done it with a normal brush. I guess the whole 'sucking up the hair in the bristles' thing is kind of handy but I'm perfectly fine just pulling it off a brush and putting it in a bag.

A waste of money, in my personal opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow so much Dyson love, I repair vacuum cleaners as part of my business and they are one of the worst vacuums for the price. Constantly getting blocked and usually inside the cyclone chamber. I find them pretty unhygenic too as the dust chamber is a messy business to empty, give me micro fibre bags anyday.

Most of the so called "pet" or "animal" versions are no different then the other versions.

I much prefer my current Electrolux Professional which cost me at trade offer price £50 though they retail at £175. Miles better and never looses suction. I do love the power head it came with great for stairs .

As for the grooming tool, Mishka doesnt like the vac so she wouldnt settle for me to use it. Sort of reminds me of Kirby when they had a head message tool, no way could you relax with the racket of the motor going.