floppy ears ???

Leyka&Diva

theres a man who lives near me and he has two beautiful 18month old dogs that look like huskies-husky faces and husky bodies but they have floppy ears he says they are pure bred huskies but this made me curious as ive never seen a pure husky with floppy ears. are there pure huskies with floppy ears or are they a cross with something along the way ???

Nope, it's possible, I've seen them, not in person since no one around here has huskies D: But I've seen them in pictures and read up on it.

Sadie's 3/4 husky and 1/4 GSD and she has a slight flop to her ears, not that she's a purebred but both dogs are known for their erect ears. I think floppy ears are sooooo cute!

Nope, it's possible, I've seen them, not in person since no one around here has huskies D: But I've seen them in pictures and read up on it.

Sadie's 3/4 husky and 1/4 GSD and she has a slight flop to her ears, not that she's a purebred but both dogs are known for their erect ears. I think floppy ears are sooooo cute!

ur definatly right about them being cute it seems to give them a bit more character lol

That's exactly how the 2 I saw are but a bit fluffyier round their ears gorgeous either way I was just wondering about so thought I'd ask the people in the know lol

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.149751,-0.408442

Non-erect ears are an unacceptable fault in the standard, but it doesnt necessarily mean they couldn't be purebred. Just not well bred perhaps. From the Siberian Husky breed standard:

Ears of medium size, triangular in shape, close fitting and set high on the head. They are thick, well furred, slightly arched at the back, and strongly erect, with slightly rounded tips pointing straight up. Faults--Ears too large in proportion to the head; too wide set; not strongly erect.

Floppy ears are a fault in the breed not really desired :P They are rare in a way too not alot of huskies will perma have floppy ears if purebred but it can happen ^.^ I think people like to say their dogs are purebred because they mostly look like one of the breeds that they are dont know why o.o anywhoooo :P

Floppy ears are a fault in the breed not really desired :P They are rare in a way too not alot of huskies will perma have floppy ears if purebred but it can happen ^.^ I think people like to say their dogs are purebred because they mostly look like one of the breeds that they are dont know why o.o anywhoooo :P

i dont see it as a fault.. more her own active braking system for when we are running.

my fawn has one floppy ear it might go up with age everyone says :)

It looks as though that ear may stand as your pup ages, but don't be surprised if it falls again through teething stages...only to stand back up again :) Completely natural. Especially if you saw the parents and they both have erect ears.

that's what everyone tells me too and i hope that's true! but murdoc is almost 1 year old so i'm going to assume his ears are not going to up. :eek:

It looks as though that ear may stand as your pup ages, but don't be surprised if it falls again through teething stages...only to stand back up again :) Completely natural. Especially if you saw the parents and they both have erect ears.

well u got a gorgous pooch :)