Whose dog he is, actually?????

mydiamond

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear that, Olivia. Its hard when talking and your view isn't considered as being viable enough to be heard or listened to. Have you considered a harness instead? They cannot as easily slip out, you can still put their tags on it, they are always ready to be taken outside in any instant, and they cannot choke as easily. Our boy has his on all the time, because he may need to go out at anytime and we have to be ready, plus, one careless mistake with a door given their opportunistic personalities, and they could be gone before you have the chance to put it or a collar on-just a thought:)

So sorry to hear that, Olivia. Its hard when talking and your view isn't considered as being viable enough to be heard or listened to. Have you considered a harness instead? They cannot as easily slip out, you can still put their tags on it, they are always ready to be taken outside in any instant, and they cannot choke as easily. Our boy has his on all the time, because he may need to go out at anytime and we have to be ready, plus, one careless mistake with a door given their opportunistic personalities, and they could be gone before you have the chance to put it or a collar on-just a thought:)

I've tried to get Dime a harness for sooo long but a harness is really expensive in my country and my mom says that she doesn't see the importance of a harness =\ well Dime heels perfectly, yes, but as u said harnesses don't choke dogs as easily. She just won't listen to me :(

Keep smiling! Do you have microchip possibilities there?

Is microchipping common in your country?

oh I have just read these comments. No, there's no such thing as microchipping in Indo. In fact, when I came to this forum last year and read that people microchip their dogs, I spent hours wondering what an amazing technology difference we have over here :P even the word "microchip" itself made me think of futuristic and sci-fi films O_O Couldn't imagine that being done in Indo :confused: IMO when the microchip technology came to Indo I would already have some great-grandchildren running around! >_<

Ok, thought we'd offer to try an help. Give Diamond a hug for us all-plus, it always seems to make a person feel better-they sure have a way of doing that, don't they? After all, there's no better therapy than a Husky licking your face :doglick:

LOL Dime don't really lick people XD the only thing he'd lick is my toes (huh? LOL) back when I first got him he put his face so close to mine I thought he'd lick me but he just stuck his cold, wet nose to my cheek and stared at me---he thought, and he still does, he can hypnotize me XD

It has always been a good question--which means I don't have any answers for it. Just WHOSE dog Diamond is?! He's supposed to be mine, right? Well at least I told my parents about him, I'm the one who train him and I'm the one who care for him :confused: Shouldn't *I* be the one who decide what's best for him? Or at least, shouldn't MY opinion be heard?

Problem #1: The Collar

My cousin gave me a leather collar few weeks after I got Dime, and ever since I got him a dog tag I always make him wear his collar. You know... Anything can happen. What if he ran off and someone thought he's a stray? Won't happen if he wears a collar! ;) I also explained about this to both of my parents and they seem OK with that------AT FIRST. Now they keep telling me that it is "inappropriate" to make Dime wear a collar all the time. My mom---and YES she really said this---told me the collar can choke him. I told her no way since I adjusted the collar's size myself and she's still not pleased. I enlarged the collar in front of her, STILL not pleased. What she wants is for me to take the collar off, told her what will happen if Dime was found by a stranger and she replied: "even if he wears a collar I doubt the person will give us a call anyway" :confused:

My dad tried to be more logical. Told me the collar will make his neck area uncomfortable since it's too thick and told me I should get a thinner collar. Went to the pet store, he picked a collar made for chihuahuas and said "this is it". Shop assistant told him it was made for toy dogs, and I told him all collar for mid-sized to large-sized dogs are the same size. Somehow he's still not pleased... When I woke up yesterday Diamond's not wearing his collar anymore. Told my dad the collar was for preventing him being mistaken as a stray, his reply was: "he's lazy he will not run off" well that's funny since Dime has escaped about FIFTEEN times and my dad witnessed about ten out of fifteen.

Problem #2: The Behavioral Training

Diamond has one bad habit: begging for food. He would stalk anyone who is holding a food. Used to be much worse (jumping, trying to steal food) but now he only give them puppy eyes so I think it's OK. My mom, however, doesn't seem to agree that food-begging is a bad habit and she won't listen to me telling her NOT to give him anything she has in hand atm. She was holding a cake this afternoon and Dime gave her puppy eyes, she immediately gave the cake to him. I told her "no, don't it will enforce a bad habit" and she only said "no it won't" as if she knows anything about dog training :mad: I kept telling her "don't" but she acted deaf and gave Dime the cake anyway. She has always been like that... When I tried to teach Dime "sit up" (commonly known as 'beg') she said "don't do it the trick will damage his back legs" :confused: well I have no problem with people spitting out their arguments and opinions but I can't stand those who make up irrational facts simply because they want to be viewed as the right one. Some of you knows that I tried to make Dime neutered, and in the end I didn't win the battle since she told some of her (dumb) friends about my idea and what I got as a reply is: "don't neuter him my friend said neutered dogs are prone to cancer" I told her "that is absurd" but she still won't listen. You know why she won't listen?? Well it is because she was actually up to breeding. She once told me that she wants to breed Dime with a Golden Retriever or a Samoyed to "make cute puppies" which I rejected RIGHT that moment. Tried to explain about irresponsible breeding, she didn't say a thing and surprisingly agreed but then said that "we should get a female husky then!" :confused: I told her only show-quality dogs can be bred and she doesn't want to listen to me. She said that the breed standard--the AKC breed standard that I read in their official website--is wrong and woolly huskies are the one who fulfill the standards. G-O-S-H! :arghh:

to fix the problem there are 3 steps:

1. fit zap collars to parents

2. neuter parents in their sleep

3. MOVE OUT sharpish