Doomsday/2012

Elyse

So, now that's its 2012...I thought it would be appropriate to bring up the subject.

What do you believe? Is the world going to end in 2012? Or is it just another 'doomsday' scam like the Y2K (plus many others) so others can make money off of it? There are obviously many books and movies out about it.

Personally, I don't believe it. It's not that I'm denial, it's just...I find the whole thing dumb. What makes December 21st so special than any other day?...it is a solstice, but we also have the summer solstice as well. So that makes no sense.

And some of the theories out there are so idiotic, I actually burst out laughing!

Please put your thoughts and opinions here; religious or otherwise.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol i think anyone who thinks the world is going to end is the one in denial!!

Last year i made a deal with a few friends that we are going to have a party on the 20th of December where everyone has to do something they only would do if the world is ending hahaha and then on the 22nd when the world doesn't end...another party

:cake:It's Gracie's B-day too, and Alice's day of passing, and I believe it is the winter solstice, but that changes from the 21-22 from time to time.

Its a special day to me, so if its gonna happen I'll take the 21st....bring it on....all the more special:lolman:, but I don't really believe it will happen. :cool:

y'know what back in the nineties people think the world will end in 2000--they somehow believed that a dragon would come out of nowhere and crushed the Earth. It got pretty bad actually there's even a mass suicide in Indo (I was too young to read the newspaper so this is what my cousin told me) back then :eek: but now we're in 2012--still no sign of any dragons coming from nowhere so this second "doomsday prophecy" is probably another lie -.-

I dont thinkl the world is ending either :P I think we are being a little careless with how we treat our mother earth and its changing and causing alot of grief but its not ending just becasue a calandar wasnt finished. I dont remember where I read it on facebook...was somones status where a guy commented they said some woman yelled at him for having children so close to when the world was ending or something? lol crazy people

Oh no, is that the date they say it will happen? My son has Aspergers syndrome and for the past couple of months he has been quite upset about 2012, the end of the world and dying. He can't sleep and has been pacing more than usual. My husband and i have told him its not true and that its total garbage. But do you think he believed us? No, not at all. New Years Eve was awful for him as it was all he could think about. It was a rough night for us. When daylight came, we thought it would be over and he would see it was nothing to worry about. (he has been doing so well since New Years Day) To find out i now have all these months to make sure he doesn't hear anything else about it, is going to be a big challenge indeed.

The calculations for when the long calendar of the Mayans end was all wrong! Scientists (or whatever they are) have corrected their mistake a few years ago and re-calculated it to be somewhere in December 2220! Yet everyone still seems to think it's 2012 :rolleyes:

And besides that, it's just the longest calendar the Mayan has that ends and.. well... start again much like all their other calendars. I know their are many other theories why the world would end in the 21st but these where only 'created' AFTER this 2012 doomsday became a hype.

Last year there where TWO dates where the world would end based on some text in the Bible. And seeing I'm still here typing this it looks like that prediction flawed like pretty much all of them.

What's the point of being afraid of it anyway? If we are all going to die so be it. If everyone's dead there's nothing to miss anyway. The biggest torture that exists it probably being the living thing left on the world that survived it.

So far my train of thoughts. Now lets do something more uplifting for today :D

well.. maybe it won't be a real doomsday leading to destruction of our planet, but an economical doomsday is approaching.

I agree; I think we are heading for an economic implosion, followed (possibly) by a single world currency. I don't know if anyone is old enough to remember the change to decimal currency in the UK during the 1970s, but my dad always mantained that it was the greatest swindle to the population seen in UK economic history; a pity he's not around now...I've discovered a few more.:rofl: