She is not a collie!!!!

sian_lea

First of all i love border collies my first dog i trained/owned was a border collie called flash, so nothing against them. second i know miska has not got what would be considered as a "traditional" husky look so when non- husky owners ask what she is i don't mind answering. But when people have the nerve to argue with me and say she is a collie not a husky and that i should be ashamed not knowing my dogs breed i get annoyed very annoyed i know both miska's parents both husky we are friends with her breeder and miska still sees her birth family as often as possible. Why people think they have the right to talk to some one like a piece of poo, especially when they have no proof of what they are saying and when asked for their reasoning the answer is well she looks like a collie shes "black and white and doesnt have blue eyes and isnt fluffy" grrr so it seems they really dont know much about huskies at all the fact they come in all colours and shapes at this point. I shook my head sympathetically and walked away.

IMG_4918.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt you know that the stranger in the street will always know your dog better than you? Lol!

Next time start speaking to them in a foreign language, throwing in as many swear words as you can!

brilliant i think i will next time and no i really should thank them for their expert knowledge of a dog they have just met lol

that aint no collie dont listen to them ive a habit of wondering off when people try and tell me my dogs are dangerous

btw shes gorgeous xx

just thank them very much and that you will sending a very strongly worded letter to the kennel club as they obviously got it wrong when she was registered and ask if they know where you can buy a sheep for her to play with.

Lmfao!!!!! And yeah she doesnt even look like a collie lol

ive a habit of wondering off when people try and tell me my dogs are dangerous

I tend to respond sarcastically with 'yeah, he'll bite your face off.' some people laugh...some chuckle and back away slowly...others march quickly in the opposite direction. If they cant hear the sarcasm then they deserve to feel the fear. Mwahahahaaaa

You could tell them (in a very educated tone, of course!) that the early imports to the US from Siberia were widely varying in size, coat, color, and eye color, and those varying genes are still evident in Siberians - all around the world!

Alternately, I suppose you could tell them that they obviously are not a human being, as they are just plain too stupid to be educated - but I guess that would be a little unkind! (Sorry, just a day where I'm feeling a little feisty!)

You could tell them (in a very educated tone, of course!) that the early imports to the US from Siberia were widely varying in size, coat, color, and eye color, and those varying genes are still evident in Siberians - all around the world!

Alternately, I suppose you could tell them that they obviously are not a human being, as they are just plain too stupid to be educated - but I guess that would be a little unkind! (Sorry, just a day where I'm feeling a little feisty!)

Indeed, i think the second option may have been more applicable not unkind when it is asked for lol

she doesn't look like a collie but she is gorgeous :)

thanks im very proud of my little ball of fur

I can't believe people will argue with you over what you know about your dog! The brown eye thing use to happen to me with Alice, "are you sure she is full husky, she doesn't have blue eye?" Use to hate that.

You could carry a picture of her parents and prove it next time, and say, "would you like to call my breeder?" I love how all us owners can get up in arms over our fur babies! Cracks me up, we are so overwhelmingly in love and proud of our doggies and the breed that we take such offense.....and well we should cuz......:huskyrocks: and they are they are the coolest dogs on the planet :cheerleader:.