taking votes on important question

Chewbacca_&_me

I am officially a very distraught mama.

a few weeks ago...my husbands family made our lives hell....and we ended up giving oakley to a good home....well sort of....

this lady came and she was great....but I will officially use a judgement word....but she ended up being DUMB!!

She ended up calling me about 1.5 weeks ago complaining that he kept pestering the cat trying to play with it, and that she couldnt figure out what to do...and she was tired of him.

I was not able to do anything, let alone take him back because the family was really putting the pressure on because they had wanted us to just dump all the dogs someplace, and we refused...

now, we are in a situation that If I can find oakley I can take him back....

any ideas at all how I might go about encouraging that woman to give me my sweet oakley back??

I feel desperate....truly...i want my boy back....

Email address? Physical address? Anything? Whenever I've adopted out a foster dog they always must fill out an application as well as photocopy their drivers licence. I understand what a difficult situation you must have been in and in case it happens again be sure to have as much information as possible about them. Especially if it's your own dogs you're needing to rehome.

Well eventhough the lady had given info and I had an address for her....in the end she had moved out of state...and wasnt taking my calls.

After waiting patiently (very difficult) I did finally get a call and I know where oakley is now.

The lady that adopted him had dumped him on a neighbor, then moved to texas, leaving him dirty and in an uncertain situation.

Then, apparently the neighbors that had him, rehomed him to another couple.

About 20 minutes before coming onto the forum to do this post....I had placed 2 ads trying to find oakley because I had been unable

to locate the lady that adopted him. Friday night I got a call from a nice couple in kentucky, that had quickly scooped oakley up and

whisked him away to kentucky with them. We talked at length about oakley, and my situation, and as it turns out he was scooped up by an

avid husky lover, and he is doing just fine after a bath and flea pill. She even texted me a few pictures so I could see for sure that oakley is okay.

Luckily for me, I had gotten the address, phone number, and name of the lady that adopted him from me....so in turn (eventhough I

couldnt get ahold of the lady) I found oakley via her name and info. Another veterinary assistant that is friends with the couple in kentucky

called them....and then I got a call.

I can at least feel at ease with the situation now, knowing that oakley is in very capable and loving hands, eventhough my wish was origionally to

take him back.

This experience scared me so bad that I told my husband that we will NOT be rehoming anyone else....no matter what.

If his family has an issue then we will move out and they will just have to share the responsibility of helping to care for their

parents.

I know that sounds so harsh but truth be told, I have gone to an enormous amount of trouble to make the situation good for every

one involved...even so far as to build fencing and stuff with my own hands which were cracked and bleeding for 2 weeks+ after the

project was finished. I have also sprayed the yard, shed and house to prevent fleas, ticks, etc, and I cant see any reason to risk any of the

other furbabies...I just can not do it.

No, I dont consider that rude at all...as a matter of fact I did think about that when I was going through the nightmare with my husbands family.

As far as I know the lady that dumped him really was just a really dumb woman...who couldnt figure out what to do to get oakley to stop chasing the kitty...and at my house that was never an issue...I just made sure the cats had their own private space where oakley couldnt go and pester them.

Like I said Oakley was the best behaved, so I cant figure out why she just dumped him. Also like i said in my other posting each of the other huskies has a behavioral dilemma that not alot of people would be truly prepared to deal with properly, so I chose oakley because I felt he had the best chance...sadly not everyone can figure out how to be a good owner....even for a really good dog like oakley.

Oh and you asked why he was given up...well my husbands family are a bunch of snobs when it comes to pets, and

there were several threats that if we didnt rehome at least 1 dog that animal control would be called and then "more than 1 would be forcefully removed."

we were out of money, and outnumbered. We moved in with his parents because his dad got sick and they need our help to care for him, but they were unwilling to accept all the dogs...and the family had me on the verge of telling them where to shove it...

Anyway....I ended up chosing 1 dog to rehome (very hesitantly might i add)

Reading your story breaks my heart :( I am so sad you had to go through this! I'm glad things worked out for Oakley in the end but wow I wouldn't even have the slightest idea how I would have handled anything like that! Thank God my husband's family has been in dogs for a long time and "get it". Are you doing ok?