To all you raw feeders out there!

Dash

if u have a look through the raw feeding threads on here theres an example on there i think i have one on my laptop to if i can find it ill post it on here for u x

Well I do feed my boy raw from when he was 10 weeks old. Like exmp: in the morning he will have 3 chicken wings and a carrot, sometime different fruits and veg like celery, fruits bananas, orange he will have in the day as a treat a raw bone beef or pork check with your local butcher. In the night he will have 300g at beef and when I feed him kibble I topping his food with sardines in oil and once per week he will have a egg .

I also recommend u The barf diet: for dogs and cats by Dr Ian Billinghurst u can find it on Amazon

For a medium sized dog,if you were to use this obviously switch to your dogs weight.

When using B.A.R.F. people usually use 2.5 % -3% of the dogs weight although many people feed differently.

Monday

Breakfast - 1lb green tripe, 40g blended veggies

Tea - 300-400g chicken carcasses & 125g tinned sardines

Tuesday

Tea - 300-400g chicken carcasses

Wednesday

Breakfast - 250-400g chicken carcasses, 40g blended veggies

Tea - 250g liver cooked in goats milk, 150g chicken carcasses

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Breakfast - 250-400g chicken carcasses, 40g blended veggies

Tea - 250g beef/lambs heart

Sunday

this is actually a a b.a.r.f one we use this for our girls but change weight according to the weight of your dog in the end tho we took away the veggies as they just didnt need them and the vet agreed it a good diet but no need for veggie also instead of chicken carcuss we give wings or quaters depending on the weight we need hope this helps x

Morning guys was just wondering if anyone had a link or could email an example weekly raw feeding menu, and if any of you guys could tell me where you source your raw food?

Many Thanks in advance!

i have found a fab butcher locally but it did take me a while to find one. it costs me about £10 per dog per month so im thrilled! i feed twice a day and use a mix of chicken carcusses, lamb bones, beef bones etc and the butcher makes a sloppy mince of scraps (literally looks like mince meat). twice a week i blend up raw fruit/veg (anything like carrots, brocolli, cored apple, banana, cabbage, parsnip etc - must inc root veg), i add a tin of sardines to flavour it and vegetable water (from my cooking) as this adds moisture and more vitamins. i sometimes add a raw egg too.

I dont have a routine, i vary depending on their exercise level at the time and how their poo is...eg if their poo is becoming dry and white i will give them the blended fruit/veg etc.

The mince stuff also includes offal which is essential but i am now blending up offal and freezing into icecube tray so i can easily add the occucational cube too

teh fruit/veg must be blended so it looks like a raw puree mix so the dogs can absorb the goodness, without blending it they cant absorb the goodness. blended fruit/veg must be given as a seperate meal to meat as they cant absorb the nutrients if given together

The Dr billinghurst book on BARF is very good. best thing i did was move over to raw feeding. it took me a while to get into the routine but i'd hate to go back on to kibble now. their teeth are amazingly clean :)

Both of mine are between 21-23KGs and have around 600-700g per day. i've monitored their weight carefully while on BARF and they've maintained it perfectly even though they've worked a fair bit over the last few months and gained muscle. Again i will judge the amount based on their 'working' exercise level. when the temperature warms up adn their exercise reduces i will reduce the amount of food accordingly so they dont get fat - i hate seeing fat dogs!

i get mine from my local just pet store !!

i used to use the price choice / natures menu stuff from P@H but getting from a supplier has halved the cost (46p/p/day'ish 500g) which is good now we've got a third LOL!

TPMS in Redditch is supposed to be okay but i wanted to see the quality before buying bulk but they're only open normal weekday hours cause they're a wholesaler :( DAF would be my preferred by they don't come down this far so for now Landywoods it is :)

1 deer leg/week - usually lasts 2 - 4 days. They still get a half ration of kibble when they get fresh meat. Once or twice a week they'll get about 6 oz of venison trimmings, and once we run out of that it's beef bones and trimmings that come from local butchers - many people purchase 1/4 beef or 1/2 beef, so they have the option of keeping the "waste" too, which is perfect for dogs, and usually free! In the fall we got a 75 lb bag from a friend, and we're barely halfway through it!