WHY IS SHE STILL SHEDDING!!!

naomiJayne

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diva hates being brushed too shes always shedding i try to brush her a couple of times a week and i get soo much hair from her lol

Naomi, I found that if I don't brush Ozzy & Micah everyday while they are blowing their coats, the whole process takes three times as long to end. Ozzy also hates being brushed, so I found that giving him a 2-3 minute brush twice a day is good enough. Any longer than that and he will bring the roof down.

When they are just shedding as normal a quick brush in the morning with a good undercoat rake is good enough.

Naomi, I found that if I don't brush Ozzy & Micah everyday while they are blowing their coats, the whole process takes three times as long to end. Ozzy also hates being brushed, so I found that giving him a 2-3 minute brush twice a day is good enough. Any longer than that and he will bring the roof down.

When they are just shedding as normal a quick brush in the morning with a good undercoat rake is good enough.

I think I need to buy a better brush, I'm using this (but I paid less than half that price)

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=sFo&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=pet+zoom+brush&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1200&bih=626&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5708243164609677536&sa=X&ei=tKIFT-r3MZGB8gOOwciqAQ&ved=0CCwQ8wIwAA

you wait til she's sheds her adult winter coat...then you'll know about it!!

i brush mine about weekly but during shed i hardly bother as its just endless!! storm is easy as he loves swimming so i will take him for a swim and that really loosens it up. becareful with some types of brushes/combs as they can be a bit harsh on double coated dogs like sibes

I use a mikki rake too! It's amazing! Roxy doesn't mind being brushed, when we first got her i would brush her everyday for a few minutes and then she would get a teaspoon with some peanut butter on. Now i brush her a couple of times a week, and she still gets the peanut butter :)

Scout was actually terrified of the brush when we first got him. He's still not a big fan of it, but now he'll sit and tolerate it. I started by keeping him on a leash and petting him, then petting lightly with the brush. If he was quiet about it for even a second I gave him a little treat. Gradually the periods of calm while brushing became longer, and the pressure increased to normal brushing. I don't need the leash any more, though I still use treats to keep it a positive experience. Wyatt never had an issue with brushing, but I started giving him treats too for being good, and now he looooves brushing time!

For biting the brush just use your other hand to block her from getting the brush and reiterate 'no.'

I can relate... Viggo HATES being brushed. He whines like I am hurting him or something. I get my boyfriend to hold him and pet him now when I attempt to do the brushing.

Oh and my house is always full of hair. No matter how much I brush the dogs, or vacuum, it just doesn't seem to make much of a difference. :lolman:

I can relate... Viggo HATES being brushed. He whines like I am hurting him or something. I get my boyfriend to hold him and pet him now when I attempt to do the brushing.

Oh and my house is always full of hair. No matter how much I brush the dogs, or vacuum, it just doesn't seem to make much of a difference. :lolman:

I'm glad i'm not the only one! Not matter how much i clean there is always husky fur tumbleweed!

My dogs shed 24/7 since they are indoor dogs. It's impossible to get away from the hair ;_;

Small price to pay for having such a beautiful animal.

yes, its the price you pay for owning the worlds most amazing dog! I gave up having a clean home about 2 years into owning my first one....so its been many years since I could travel without a tape roller, and without having to choose a different outfit when I drop my shirt on the floor in the morning, and I've bought more vacuum belt replacements than the average person. Some how I still enjoy wearing dark colored clothing.

Does anyone know if the amount of shedding that a dog does had anything to do with where they were born. My first one was born in NC where we got snow and normal season changes, but my second one is from here in CA and the seasons are not the same, but it still gets cold in winter, but not snow and such. My first one from NC seemed to shed more than Grace, but she is only 1 year old, so I might be due for a surprise.

yes, its the price you pay for owning the worlds most amazing dog! I gave up having a clean home about 2 years into owning my first one....so its been many years since I could travel without a tape roller, and without having to choose a different outfit when I drop my shirt on the floor in the morning, and I've bought more vacuum belt replacements than the average person. Some how I still enjoy wearing dark colored clothing.

Does anyone know if the amount of shedding that a dog does had anything to do with where they were born. My first one was born in NC where we got snow and normal season changes, but my second one is from here in CA and the seasons are not the same, but it still gets cold in winter, but not snow and such. My first one from NC seemed to shed more than Grace, but she is only 1 year old, so I might be due for a surprise.

I gave up caring. My clothes always have hair on them, you can't escape it, when they come out of the dryer they still have hairs stuck in them D: Impossible to get ahead.

It has a lot to do with the breeding, grand parents and parents coats come into role. However, I know that climate does play some of a role. If they are inside a lot, coat tends to be thinner than it would be if the dog spent more time outside (assuming that outside is colder). Kira's coat is short, but not super short. However, his sister spent waaaay more time outside than him and her coat is a decent bit longer.

Sheldon's still shedding too! and he does the same thing with the brush (biting it then looking like I beat him) I don't care about it being on my clothes or round the house (that much) but it get's on my work uniform, which never goes anywhere near him (I'm not allowed to wear it at home, I have to change when I get to work/leave work!) and I now have to take a lint roller in with me!

Sheldon's still shedding too! and he does the same thing with the brush (biting it then looking like I beat him) I don't care about it being on my clothes or round the house (that much) but it get's on my work uniform, which never goes anywhere near him (I'm not allowed to wear it at home, I have to change when I get to work/leave work!) and I now have to take a lint roller in with me!

It's the same with my workclothes. I wear black trousers and a dark purple top too -.-

No house is complete without dog hair! :)

Suka sheds year-round...although when he blows his coat (which doesn't happen every year... :confused: ) its a LOT more. When I take him to PetSmart for his bi-monthly bath, they take off SO much fur he looks like a completely different dog!

He doesn't mind being brushed...but he starts to complain after 5 minutes and tries to get away.

A little tip...I found that putting some olive oil (or fish oil) over his kibble reduced his shedding and made his coat smoother and softer! Might be something to think about...

I think these wierd weather seasons we are having are not helping our poor Huskies!! It does not know if it is winter, spring, summer etc so the dogs coats have no chance . They are saying uuuuuuummmmmmm now what season am I SUPOSED to blow in ?? ah well I will blow anyway!! :lolman:

I'm surprised that mine aren't blowing coat right now! It's been in the 50s! Extremely odd for a Northwest winter...either way I never get out of the house without husky hair on my uniform....which begs the question do they ever STOP shedding? LOL!

When I was doing my research before getting a husky everything said they don't really shed much but they do blow their coats twice a year.

Kira has had a period of 2 months shed free in the 4-5 months I've owned her.