To Dig or Not to Dig

FridayXIII

Just wondering how many of you let your Huskies dig in your yards. If so, do you have a dig box/sandbox, designated digging spot, or do you let them dig freely? As long as it's not digging out/escaping, under the fence, etc., is assumed. :)

My neighbors own Victoria's parents, and a fair number of random holes in their yard. My yard isn't an award-winner by any means, but I'm not sure I'm ready for it to resemble the surface of the moon. ;) Little Miss 'Tori started some casual digging this week so I figured I better make up my mind one way or the other, and take action accordingly. And in that vein, was just interested in what you're doing.

Diva only digs in the stones in our garden and digs in puddles when we go for a walk lol x

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.149639,-0.408528

I tend to discourage digging, because I hate walking out in the dogs' yard and falling in a hole - or having to mow and hitting one of the holes! They tend to dig little holes, here and there, sometimes just because they like eating sod and dirt. If you take a small bit of poop and put it in the hole, then cover it with a little bit of dirt (fill in most of the hole if it's deep), it tends to discourage them from going back to the hole and digging more...

Ozzy & Micah love to dig :rolleyes: especially Micah.

They have a large, and quite deep sandpit filled with river sand, which keeps them clean, and they can dig as much as they like there, but they know digging is not allowed anywhere else. Every now and then Micah will try and locate a creepy crawly in the grass, but nothing too serious.

I have to sweep up the river sand a few times a week - they get a bit carried away and the sand flies all over the place. It is their favourite place to chill.

post-1354-0-63499300-1373932724.jpg

post-1262-13586010247944_thumb.jpg