Huskies are illegal ?

LovemyTOMMY

Hey everyone,

not to long ago(1hr ago) i had a little alterication with some random women on the

street and btw i live in new york city. Im walking my 1 1/2 year old husky perfectly fine no pulling or

such and this women down the block walking is eyeing my dog like super hard and evil like and my dog,

im guessing sences some negative energy and he gets annoyed and starts barking mad. This woman

says to me , excuse me i herd on the radio that they are illegal. I didnt know if she said the united states

or some states or nyc but she continued on about how i think im walking a dog and I'm not, that im walking

a wolf. She said thats a wolf lady and i have the right to call the cops. So all this is being said and im so furious b/c

i cannot believe the ignorance from this woman and she actually gets on the phone. I thought that a breed

that is registered on the akc sites, unfortuntly sold in pet stores and are availble in adoptions pretty much shows how very legal these dogs are. Has anthing happend like this to anyone? I have never had anything happen to me like this before. I even have had sevrel cops on diffrent occasions compliment on my boy, i think if it were really a problem, they wouldv questioned me on the spot. Also its not like people around here rarely see huskies, couple neighbors down the block have, my friend has one, theres a pet store up the block that sell them.

Im just so shocked she got so loud and mad over my dog.

Im sorry if this might be long but i thought id see what some othere husky owners have to say.

(Oh and sorry if its a bit sloppy i couldnt edit at the final preview

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, chalk it up to crazy lady and if someone threatens to call the cops just say "go ahead, then, and stop bothering me about it!"

NYC has a Dangerous Dog law, but no breed-specific legislation - in fact, according to newyorkdoglaw.blogspot.com:

"New York State is one of 13 states that prohibit discriminatory breed profiling and breed specific dangerous dog laws. New York municipalities with breed specific laws cannot legally enforce them. Article 7, Section 107, Paragraph 5 of Agriculture and Markets law states:

Nothing contained in this article shall prevent a municipality from adopting its own program for the control of dangerous dogs; provided,however, that no such program shall be less stringent than this article, and no such program shall regulate such dogs in a manner that is specific as to breed."

Oh, geeze. Suka gets mistaken for a wolf or a wolf-dog all the time...but I haven't been threatened yet. It seems like people don't even KNOW you need a permit to own a wolf-dog here.

They don't even LOOK like wolves. They're proportions are all wrong.

Some states do prohibit by breed but new york doesn't the problem was the wolf comment. Wolves and wolf hybrids are pretty much outlawed in most states cause they are considered wild animals. Frankly it sounds like the lady was up to something and was mad the dog noticed her foul state.

Ohhh that is so irritating! About a year ago I had a similar "altercation" at our local Petco. I had gone to Petco with my Red/White blue eyed girl Juneau. It was relatively empty but for one other woman and her two school-age children who were keeping a WIDE berth from us....I soon found out why. Not long after I spotted the woman backing away from us keeping her kids behind her I was approached by a manager asking me and my wolf to leave that we were making other customers uneasy. That's when my girl came out from behind my legs with a big goofy grin and he looked at her then back at the woman shaking his head. He apologized and admitted he hadn't seen us come in the store. He went and explained to the woman who had a fit and stormed out of the store...I guess she didn't like being proven wrong?

I'd say I'm shocked that people can possibly mistake huskies for wolves, but I had a husky/corgi cross that people called a wolf all the time. I could forgive anyone who thought she was a coy-dog, because - aside from her legs being unusually stumpy - from a distance she could be mistaken for a coyote; right approximate size, right colours, similar ears and if her bushy tail was down. But she was way, way too small to be even part wolf, and she looked half-corgi besides!

Hey everyone,

not to long ago(1hr ago) i had a little alterication with some random women on the

street and btw i live in new york city. Im walking my 1 1/2 year old husky perfectly fine no pulling or

such and this women down the block walking is eyeing my dog like super hard and evil like and my dog,

im guessing sences some negative energy and he gets annoyed and starts barking mad. This woman

says to me , excuse me i herd on the radio that they are illegal. I didnt know if she said the united states

or some states or nyc but she continued on about how i think im walking a dog and I'm not, that im walking

a wolf. She said thats a wolf lady and i have the right to call the cops. So all this is being said and im so furious b/c

i cannot believe the ignorance from this woman and she actually gets on the phone. I thought that a breed

that is registered on the akc sites, unfortuntly sold in pet stores and are availble in adoptions pretty much shows how very legal these dogs are. Has anthing happend like this to anyone? I have never had anything happen to me like this before. I even have had sevrel cops on diffrent occasions compliment on my boy, i think if it were really a problem, they wouldv questioned me on the spot. Also its not like people around here rarely see huskies, couple neighbors down the block have, my friend has one, theres a pet store up the block that sell them.

Im just so shocked she got so loud and mad over my dog.

Im sorry if this might be long but i thought id see what some othere husky owners have to say.

(Oh and sorry if its a bit sloppy i couldnt edit at the final preview

o yes...me and 2 mates out walkin our huskies ..and this woman said ..those dogs are supposed to be muzzled ... she wasnt even worth a response ..but only thing needing a muzzle was her ..take no notice ...

o yes...me and 2 mates out walkin our huskies ..and this woman said ..those dogs are supposed to be muzzled ... she wasnt even worth a response ..but only thing needing a muzzle was her ..take no notice ...

Oh my god, i wouldv been so upset. Maybe i just get too sensitive when it comes to my dog.

But i guess its best to just ignore people like that!

I'd say I'm shocked that people can possibly mistake huskies for wolves, but I had a husky/corgi cross that people called a wolf all the time. I could forgive anyone who thought she was a coy-dog, because - aside from her legs being unusually stumpy - from a distance she could be mistaken for a coyote; right approximate size, right colours, similar ears and if her bushy tail was down. But she was way, way too small to be even part wolf, and she looked half-corgi besides!

Yeah i dont see that much of a resemblance to wolves, but i hear that comment alot to my husky.

I just simply ignore sometimes or correct people. But this woman was so agressive pointing fingers at me and my dog

Like i did something to her, crazy !!

Ohhh that is so irritating! About a year ago I had a similar "altercation" at our local Petco. I had gone to Petco with my Red/White blue eyed girl Juneau. It was relatively empty but for one other woman and her two school-age children who were keeping a WIDE berth from us....I soon found out why. Not long after I spotted the woman backing away from us keeping her kids behind her I was approached by a manager asking me and my wolf to leave that we were making other customers uneasy. That's when my girl came out from behind my legs with a big goofy grin and he looked at her then back at the woman shaking his head. He apologized and admitted he hadn't seen us come in the store. He went and explained to the woman who had a fit and stormed out of the store...I guess she didn't like being proven wrong?

Oh my god, really ? Wow i wouldve been quite upset lol. I hate when ppl feel some type of way

Over the appearance of my dog or just dogs themselves. And i plan to get another one in the future

I can just imagine the comments ill get lol. Oh well !

Ignore them all, as long as you keep your dog safe and under your control whilst out, then there isn't a problem. The problems and dangers come from the "owners" that believe that their dog doesn't need controlling because he/she is a lovely well behaved boy/girl "usually" !!!!!

Keep walking proud with your "Wolf" lol

You should give her your email address and then tell her to do some research on siberian huskies. Your email, is so that she can send you an apology. Then, for fun .... ask her if she knows the difference between legal and lawful :)

Oh, geeze. Suka gets mistaken for a wolf or a wolf-dog all the time...but I haven't been threatened yet. It seems like people don't even KNOW you need a permit to own a wolf-dog here.

They don't even LOOK like wolves. They're proportions are all wrong.

Right, i dont see it that much. I think huskies look like dogs and wolves like wolves. They

dont look like domestic pets to be walking and playing frisbee with. I guess if you dont know

too much about the breed, they get mistaken?

Ignore them all, as long as you keep your dog safe and under your control whilst out, then there isn't a problem. The problems and dangers come from the "owners" that believe that their dog doesn't need controlling because he/she is a lovely well behaved boy/girl "usually" !!!!!

Keep walking proud with your "Wolf" lol

lol , Thanks and i will ! Btw how do you guys get the pictures with your dogs with dates and names

They look so nice.

Oh my god, really ? Wow i wouldve been quite upset lol. I hate when ppl feel some type of way

Over the appearance of my dog or just dogs themselves. And i plan to get another one in the future

I can just imagine the comments ill get lol. Oh well !

Just imagine what that woman would have done if I had gone to Petco with one of my ACTUAL wolf dogs...she would have had something bad happen in her britches I'm sure! Ignorant people tick me off.