Sick pup...please help.

mitch

Lastnight I put the pup in her crate and she made a huge fuss for an hour. When she was quiet I came down to let her out and go toilet and she had been sick in the crate. I let her sleep a while on the couch and she woke and was hugely sick. I thought it may have been the stress, but throughout the night she has been up vomiting bile (redish tinge to last lot that thought was blood but I am panicking and thinking the worst as Ive seen these puppys on tv that eat bad things.....made me nurotic Im sure:rolleyes:) I have given her plenty of water, which she is happy to drink and her mood hasn't changed. Poops were a little loose too I have noticed from just taking her out. She is 8wks,from a good family and litter, wormed and 1st vac done....hasn't been out of the garden.She is always supervised,I am forever pulling things off her in the garden!!!

I am extreemely worried.....I will visit vet as soon as is open...but does anyone have any ideas or advice???

There may have been a little blood in her vomit simply from irritation from vomiting so much. If she doesn't keep the water down, limit how much water you allow her to drink, especially at any one time. If you have any activated charcoal around, you can try giving some - if not, burn some toast and offer that. The charcoal (either activated or on the charred bread) will help settle the stomach and absorb toxins. Limit the food she gets for about the next meal, maybe two, somewhat - see how well she's holding food down, and what her stool is like, and judge how much food to give by that... Try a little bit at a time, to make it easier on her tum. As long as her energy level and attitude are both up, there should be no need for panic. Puppies, in general, and Siberian puppies in particular, are VERY good at getting at things they shouldn't, so it's possible that she ate something in your garden that upset her a little...

Let us know how she does...

Thank you so so much.....we will curl up on the sofa now for half hour then (panick lessened with your advice). Thank you!!!!!!

I will get her some burnt toast when she wakes and see how she is over the morning...ive a 5hr wait for the vets to open. I will definately keep you posted.

xx

Ive had her a week exactly. We got her at 7weeks after her vacs and the all clear from the vet for us to bring her home. She has done brilliant till tonight in every way:). I really looked into what breed I wanted and have waited 5yrs to get her as believed my children were too young. Ive never owned a dog before,and have watched far too many vetinary programmes on puppy problems that I have become a worrier:eek:

Thank you so so much.....we will curl up on the sofa now for half hour then (panick lessened with your advice). Thank you!!!!!!

I will get her some burnt toast when she wakes and see how she is over the morning...ive a 5hr wait for the vets to open. I will definately keep you posted.

xx

Puppies, like people - adults and children - sometimes do get upsets! If she's active when she's awake and doesn't seem to be running a fever, it probably isn't too much to worry about. Hugs to her - and you, Mum! :grouphug:She'll likely be just fine very soon!

Yay!!! She had some burnt toast crumbs, then I left her for a little while before I gave her a small amount of her food all mashed with hot water, Ive done this all day and the monkey is now trashing the house in her usual fashion.....happy happy:yahoo:

So thank you all.......don't know how Id cope without you....best support team ever:)