did your dog change colour ?

Dave&Marie

Hello when i brought sasha she was mainly white with a caramel brown and white face, 3 weeks later she's now getting lots of black in her coat and has a very strong black line down her back also I've noticed she's getting black in around her face. I was just wondering if anybody else's dog had a big change in color?

Not a huge change for Echo, but she was solid white when I got her (her coat was also in bad condition, balding, etc) but since growing in a healthy coat, she has a cream/light reddish streak down her back. Here's a pic, although it's way more noticable and bigger here because she is damp from a bath, but every other pic when she's dry, you can't see it.

post-6265-13586010788031_thumb.jpg

Kira changed color, a lot, but not as much as Huskymom's or others I have seen on the forum. He started out being black/brown/white, by the time he was one almost all the brown had disappeared and he turned jet black, really black! Now that he's almost 2 and a half, he's lighting up a LOT and he's getting more brown back in his fur. His markings have changed a lot, they use to be identical on each side of his face for the first two years but now they are starting to differ from one another. Really interesting to watch all the changed take place!

Sadie's face has lightened up since we got her at 5 months. It use to have a brownish tint to it but now it's more white. She also lost of a lot of the brown in her coat, more grey now.

Suka's colours change from year-to-year, and he's almost 9 years old. I didn't have him as a puppy, so I don't know what he looked like when he was young, but the vividity of his coat's colours changes every year...sometimes even 2 times a year!

All of mine changed in various ways, Juneau didn't change color so much as lose her mask, Dakota the same...but my most recent Denali has had the most dramatic change:

At 6 weeks:

[ATTACH=full]33886[/ATTACH]

14 weeks:

[ATTACH=full]33887[/ATTACH]

14 months (today):[ATTACH=full]33888[/ATTACH]

Stunning!!!!

I think a lot of them change color at least a little from birth to a year old. Siku didn't change much. She went through some lighter and darker periods, but pretty much the same. Elara changed though and I think most wolf greys do like the one posted above.

8 weeks

333.jpg

1 yr

IMG_0136.jpg

Hello when i brought sasha she was mainly white with a caramel brown and white face, 3 weeks later she's now getting lots of black in her coat and has a very strong black line down her back also I've noticed she's getting black in around her face. I was just wondering if anybody else's dog had a big change in color?

Kira changed in exactly the same way as sasha :)