How Much Should by 4 month Male be?

Zev

New Siberian Father here, love the dog , and breed, he is great, amazing personalty, 90% housebroken, no problems Thank God

He is a week shy of 4 months, he is 24 lbs and 17 inches tall, how does that sound, i took this pic about 10 days ago, As of today he was 24 lbs. He was 12 lbs about 10 weeks and i think he was 13.5 at 11 weeks.

post-6664-13586010993845_thumb.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Guys! Both your dogs are beautiful, Are you sure Mishka is petite, she seems large for a female, I did some more research and it seems Zev at actually today he was 25lbs, he will be 4 months thurday, is pretty big, not super big, more bigger then average, he also seems tall at 17 inches. There was a post someone posted their dogs weight every 2 weeks till 11 months, and Zev is matching that weight patter, not sure if can go by that but that dog hit 70lbs by 11 months i think it was 32KG . here is a pic of him about 2.5 weeks ago,

post-6664-13586011008999_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys! Both your dogs are beautiful, Are you sure Mishka is petite, she seems large for a female, I did some more research and it seems Zev at actually today he was 25lbs, he will be 4 months thurday, is pretty big, not super big, more bigger then average, he also seems tall at 17 inches. There was a post someone posted their dogs weight every 2 weeks till 11 months, and Zev is matching that weight patter, not sure if can go by that but that dog hit 70lbs by 11 months i think it was 32KG . here is a pic of him about 2.5 weeks ago,

I love his eyes!

compaired to her litter mates and others we have seen out she is smaller she is more legs than anything else, but maybe wrong can only wait until they are fully grown to tell for sure :) how is zev on the lead?

Thank you, I guess there is no way to predict their height and weight, i found this thread, and in some cases he is big for his age some cases he is average or small, i think each cutie has different growth rates. he seems to be growing everyday, http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/add-your-sib-weight.8272/ Do you know how tall she is? she is very pretty

She is 21.5" tall. I wouldn't worry so much about the weight. They have so many growth spurts that surprise you. You'll wake up in the morning and swear that he wasn't that big the night before. You'll know how much growing he's got left if growth bumps are present located on his front legs...

Ha i know that's how he is. it seems every other day he is 1lbs to 1.5 lbs bigger, its crazy

Tell me about it!! My wife and I get shocked at least once a week... What I've read on this forum and other sites, they'll continue to grow until they reach 18 months. That's a scary thought!!!!

What a cutie! :wub:

Yep, each one grows at his or her own rate - and it changes day to day! Most of the upward growth has finished by around 6-9 months, depending on the individual, but they continue to fill out after that for quite a few months - and some don't finish that phase until they're 4-5 years old --- or even longer before they really bulk out, if they're really active! The leg bones finish their growth and harden off at around 18 months to 2 years, which is why it's not recommended to run them heavily or on hard surfaces until they've reached that age; otherwise, the bones and joints can be damaged, causing arthritis as they age. It could also make a joint problem like hip dysplasia worse, if they are genetically prone to it...

Edit: I'd meant to add that the size of the parents AND even more, the grandparents, is the best predictor of the eventual size of the puppy...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, im a new member and new husky father as well. His name is Merlin. i thought i knew some things about dogs and puppies until i got this one. boy was he a shocker. Any who back on topic.

He was weighed at the vet about a week shy of 4 months and was in between 30-31 pounds. Is that normal, big or small for his age? im working on gettin his picture uploaded for an avatar

Zev just about 4 months and week , seems to be growing quick, he is 32.5 lbs now but he seems very tall , I measured him at withers, and he is all ready 21.5 inches tall,, i dont know if thats tall for his age, or if he is done growing height. have you guys measured yours heights?