Males smelling like females?

Michelle Melsom

So there is this bulldog Bodi, Marius is friends with and hes a neutered male and hes 2 years old. He is overweight for a bulldog as well. Now Marius is fairly well trained but when Bodi comes over Marius goes NUTS not like with any other dog he tried to hump him and keeps licking his male parts and he will get pretty pushy with Bodi. The thing that leads me to think that this is not just him trying to dominate Bodi is that after Bodi leaves Marius goes crazy he howls and crys and trys to get out after Bodi. I will put him in a time out and he will still be going crazy and when he calms down and I let him off he goes over to where bodi was and licks the floor and starts going crazy all over again. He will not calm down for hours...it could take 2-3 hours for him to calm down. I will also add that when I try to restrain himn to put his leash and collar on him for time out he will bite at me...its not so much a bit or nip as he open mouths my arm he doesnt clamp down just open mouths it and he will fuss like im trying to kill him. Anyways I think maybe Bodi smells like a female dog in heat? I know its possible if there is a problem with the endocrine or if the anal glands need to be expressed or a uninary tract infection. But could that be the reason or? is there something im missing? Intact dogs at the dog park will also act the same way towards Bodi as Marius does :/

You should express this to Bodi's owner, as it does seem weird and maybe there is a chemical imbalance or health issue with Bodi, and he may need to see a vet. I can see the inability to settle down with excitement when he leaves, but to lick the spot he was in after he leaves.....I'm a little dumb-founded there:confused:

You should express this to Bodi's owner, as it does seem weird and maybe there is a chemical imbalance or health issue with Bodi, and he may need to see a vet. I can see the inability to settle down with excitement when he leaves, but to lick the spot he was in after he leaves.....I'm a little dumb-founded there:confused:

Yeah isnt it? it just seems like Bodi smells like hes in heat or something by the way Marius is acting. I explained how he was acting to my breeder and she asked if Marius had a g/f in the area because she was probably in heat and I told her no that theres a male bulldog he keeps trying to dominate lol

Yeah isnt it? it just seems like Bodi smells like hes in heat or something by the way Marius is acting. I explained how he was acting to my breeder and she asked if Marius had a g/f in the area because she was probably in heat and I told her no that theres a male bulldog he keeps trying to dominate lol

then again, if Marius acted "normal" he wouldn't be a husky :huskyfall:

Have Bodi checked for a Urinary Tract Infection...many times this smells like an in heat girl and gets the boys all sorts of excited. Had that happen to my oldest male a few years ago...some simple anti-biotics and problem solved, no more confusion in the kennel :)

Lol ye thats one of the things I thought. I guess ill talk to my friend tomorrow and see if she can take Bodi to a vet.

Lol ye thats one of the things I thought. I guess ill talk to my friend tomorrow and see if she can take Bodi to a vet.

It will be interesting to see what kind of relationship he will have with Bodi, if this is an easy fix at the vet.:lolman:

humping is dominance - but they can also do it when they are excited and 'over aroused' because of play - the licking is submission as far as i know - blaze will do it to bingo who is higher up in the pack then blaze is - bings doesnt or has never had any kind of uti etc :)

humping is dominance - but they can also do it when they are excited and 'over aroused' because of play - the licking is submission as far as i know - blaze will do it to bingo who is higher up in the pack then blaze is - bings doesnt or has never had any kind of uti etc :)

yeah I would think it was just dominance if he wasnt acting like a crazy dog 2 hours after the other dog was gone. and when the dog JUST gets here Marius is nuts I wish you could see it because he acting like Bodi is in heat its just so weird...and its ONLY Bodi he does this with >.< IIIIII don't know lol

yeah I would think it was just dominance if he wasnt acting like a crazy dog 2 hours after the other dog was gone. and when the dog JUST gets here Marius is nuts I wish you could see it because he acting like Bodi is in heat its just so weird...and its ONLY Bodi he does this with >.< IIIIII don't know lol

maybe he just doesnt like the fact his best mate has left him

Sooo I talked to Bodi's owner she said that she just went to the vet about his anal glads and the vet said it was fine but theres like a roll/crevice type thing on his tail where he has a problem where his skin produces this brown stuff that smells like the anal glad thing but its in this roll/crevice around his tail she says usually every other day she cleans it out and powders it but she said she thinks she will do it every day now if thats the problem. She also said she will take him to the vet again to check in on the urinary thing he isnt really displaying signs of it but she will check anyways because she knows Marius isnt the only one that behaves this way. I don't know if something like bitch spray would help her ? If he is smelling like a female in heat from this thing?