dieting?

nicolae

I have a thyroid condition that I cannot afford to treat properly, so weight management has been a very difficult thing for me. I've been doing the HCG Diet and have so far lost an average of a pound a day since I started; sometimes it's 3 pounds sometimes it half a pound, but it's good to watch the inches melt off. This is the first thing I've found that functions around my thyroid, and some studies show that it can actually help "reset" your hypothalamus and thyroid. Even if this doesn't occur, I still managed to get to a healthy weight and learned that dieting is actually doing me the most harm, when I don't eat 4-5 small meals a day I will gain weight.

Raven I had horrible morning sickness with both of my kids, through all three trimesters! I found the biggest help is protein shakes, I'm not talking the powders (though they are a good option too) but just things like goat's milk, plain yogurt, my favorite fruits, wheat germ, etc... Texture is what typically will make you sick, which is why the drinks were better for me. Also, I'm guessing you're in the UK so I don't know what you have available to you, but my doctor prescribed me Phenergan which is an allergy medicine. Half of a pill would stave off the nausea for about 4 hours, take a full one though and it will knock you out! Good luck with the pregnancy. <3

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a thyroid condition that I cannot afford to treat properly, so weight management has been a very difficult thing for me. I've been doing the HCG Diet and have so far lost an average of a pound a day since I started; sometimes it's 3 pounds sometimes it half a pound, but it's good to watch the inches melt off. This is the first thing I've found that functions around my thyroid, and some studies show that it can actually help "reset" your hypothalamus and thyroid. Even if this doesn't occur, I still managed to get to a healthy weight and learned that dieting is actually doing me the most harm, when I don't eat 4-5 small meals a day I will gain weight.

That was my most recent development as well...just this year I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism...I strongly believe it was due to the medication I was prescribed that screwed up my initial weight loss. My blood work has never been even borderline before the medication fiasco. I'm so disappointed :( I was looking at HCG, a lot of my co-workers are doing it with great success but their endurance has dropped as much as their waist lines :( I can't have that with my job. Do you find that to be your case? I'm looking for anything to help me jump start this!

If you are planning on doing Dr simeons original protocol of 500 calories then yes, you're going to find yourself wasted. However his protocol is over 20 years old, and based on what he had available in rural Italy. The first time I did hcg I did his protocol and the loss was amazing I lost 40 in under 2 months, but mowing the front lawn made me take a 3 hour nap. It was miserable just because of the energy levels and the headaches.

This time around I'm doing the newer protocol which calls for 800-1000 calories a day, depending on your current weight. Your brain alone needs about 600, and I can tell when I hit the 600 mark because it makes such a difference! Lol.

So far my weight and size loss rates have been identical between the two protocols, but the newer one allows me to have plenty of energy. So technically you're not following the original instructions but if you have a lifestyle the requires a lot of energy I would definetly say go the new school route.

Its a high protein, very low fat, ultra low Carb diet, if you want some more in depth answers to exactly what to eat feel free to pm me. I have a PDF cookbook you can have as well. If you do the diet right you won't have cravings and you shouldn't stall out very often at all. Just be prepared, if you cheat with hcg in your system you will gain like crazy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.

Raven I had horrible morning sickness with both of my kids, through all three trimesters! I found the biggest help is protein shakes, I'm not talking the powders (though they are a good option too) but just things like goat's milk, plain yogurt, my favorite fruits, wheat germ, etc... Texture is what typically will make you sick, which is why the drinks were better for me. Also, I'm guessing you're in the UK so I don't know what you have available to you, but my doctor prescribed me Phenergan which is an allergy medicine. Half of a pill would stave off the nausea for about 4 hours, take a full one though and it will knock you out! Good luck with the pregnancy. <3

Thanks! I've been doing okay as far as morning sickness goes - it's the fatigue that has me taking naps under my desk that's my biggest hurdle! But protein shakes are a great idea and I'm definitely going to give that a go!