Katy Holmes may be heading for Australia

flyingspanner

Published on Thursday 12 January 2012 09:19

The parents of Katy Holmes are waiting on tenterhooks to find out if an Australian surgeon can help save their daughter.

Katy, 10, of Margaret Road, Penwortham, near Preston, was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour three months ago and her heartbroken parents were told that, because the tumour was embedded in her brain stem, surgery was not possible.

They gave Katy a prognosis of six to nine months.

The Evening Post launched its Fighting For Katy campaign at the weekend with two aims - to find out if there is any treatment worldwide that can help Katy, and to raise funds for Derian House Children’s Hospice in Chorley where Katy is being cared for.

Katy’s family have been pinning their hopes on Dr Charles Teo in Australia who has appeared on television shows such as Last Chance Surgery and is renowned for daring to operate on riskier tumours.

Katy’s scans showing the location of her tumour have been sent Dr Teo and her parents Paula and David have discovered the surgeon has received them.

Paula, who is also mum to daughters Charley, eight and four-week-old baby Scarlet, said: “We now know through postal tracking that Katy’s scans have arrived at Dr Teo’s clinic in Australia and we are now facing the agonising wait of seeing what he has to say after looking at them.

“It is a horrible feeling of being in limbo until Dr Teo is able to tell us one way or the other whether he can help Katy or not.â€Â

Meanwhile, Katy’s parents have been told by nurses there is no reason why Katy is unable to fly to Australia or America for any potential treatment.

They have been told there is not an issue with brain tumour patients flying, as long as the length of the flight can be broken down

Awww ... i've just read this on Katy's FB

Please help Katy Holmes

Ok everyone, i have heard from Dr Teo. Bad news. He can't operate. Now what do i do? I fight, that's what. Onto plan B and doc number 3......

lets keep on rooting for Katy xx

Oh no. This must be so hard for them all. Come on Katy! We're all behind you! :-)