anyone scooter on sand?

Or would it be verging on impossible? I'm planning ahead (way ahead) and trying to think of places I could take teeko and the scooter. Fields we walk him in a pretty uneven but do have a gravel path running through them (not sure about this like). Theres the old lines (no longer have rails but the track now turned into a pathway) but I haven't been down the ones near me yet to see what the surface is like...and there is also crimdon beach which, when the tide is out, is pretty well compacted and firm.

Jogging with him now around the houses (a path with huge grassy verges either side....though the lil bugger insists on running on the path! Ar! Even if I run on the grass!) but what kinds of surfaces do people tend to go for? I want to protect my beautiful boy in every way of course, but I know he is going to love pulling!

It does not hurt mine either I just keep a good eye out for any thing that is on the surface, like shinning stuff which could be glass and get them to come-by..and after run check them twice as good...

I thought you could only run them on non hard surfaces im taking mine up a bridle path.

Same here but teeko doesn't like running on the grass. At this time of year it wouldn't be safe for me to run on the beach at 6am so its the paths in the estate but each side is a huge grassy verge...twice the size of the path. I've even tried running on the grass with him but he'll just try to pull towards the actual path so I figure he must prefer it.

Bridleway as in soft (ish) dirt/gravel type bridleway or grass? If its the first, thats what the paths and lines areound here are like mainly.

Packed wet sand would be perfect for running, would tire him out a LOT faster and you ;) I would probably run my doggies on sand but I have no way to get my scooter there and Sadie would obsess about chasing the pipping plovers ._.

I run my dogs on the side of the road, gives them the option to run on the road or grass if they choose. Usually they pick the grass but Sadie will sometimes opt out for the road, doesn't seem to bother them. If you are worried about their pads, you can buy invisible boot (wax to protect their pads), people swear by musher's secret, I'm waiting for mine in the mail because sometimes the cold snow bothers their pads.

They suggest not running on hard surfaces until they are fully grown so it doesn't mess up their joints while they are still growing. If you need to though, limit it.

He does it by choice at the minute but it'll only be while its dark nights and dark mornings as its really the only sensible place to run just me and the dog.

He does it by choice at the minute but it'll only be while its dark nights and dark mornings as its really the only sensible place to run just me and the dog.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. I started running Sadie on scooter at 7 months, not for long runs or very often, but a lot of the times she'd run on the road, I'd try and tell her to get back on the grass but she's a woman after all XD; Stubborn.

i wouldnt train on concrete or tarmac surfaces, both surfaces have high impact on your dogs joints and feet, i would cross a tarmac road or use one on a very short section of a trail but that would be my limit, if you choose to train on hard surfaces that hurt the dog, it will learn to cope with that impact by altering its stride the problem with that is that you probably wont get the best out of your dog and the altered stride may put unnatural pressure on another joint or bone.

nush

i wouldnt train on concrete or tarmac surfaces, both surfaces have high impact on your dogs joints and feet, i would cross a tarmac road or use one on a very short section of a trail but that would be my limit, if you choose to train on hard surfaces that hurt the dog, it will learn to cope with that impact by altering its stride the problem with that is that you probably wont get the best out of your dog and the altered stride may put unnatural pressure on another joint or bone.

nush

I wouldn't scooter on tarmac at all but can I bugger convince him to jog on the grass! Lol.