Collar Caper Solved!

sutsibe

Clues found by use of dirty detective-work through poop-scooping. It was Mr. Strider, in the kennel, and the murder weapon was his teeth. Potential accessory to the murder is Ms. Angel, for removal of murdered collar from Strider's neck. Suspect tried to hide the evidence by eating it, but left some body parts behind - see below (no further pictures available due to graphic content of the dirty crime!)...

Ms. Angel is expected to make the defense that she attempted to preserve evidence in the death of the previous collar (http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/guess-angel-wasnt-happy.34479/) by guarding it so that Strider could not eat said evidence...

Comment from the Kennel Crew was as follows, "Awwwwoooooo!", which loosely translates as, "We hope he has enough of a belly-ache that he learns his lesson!"

post-1869-13586011524358_thumb.jpg

Looks like something my naughty Aussie has done with her collars....so far the only one that has worked is a recycled firefighter turnout gear collar! She's a little monster!

At the moment, he's running around neked! I'm debating trying an old sledding collar I have that can be snugged up closer to the neck, hopefully making it harder to get off of him... Or I may just leave him neked, so I don't have to worry again about getting everything to move through him safely!

lmao naughty pups :P

Skyla eats her own collars too - so when we arent in n cant watch her i take it off her specially as she has her posh bling collar on atm which cost me a small fortune

They can be SO naughty! I've never had one eat collars before, though...

When Gi told me, she said it was "professor" strider (as opposed to Mr. Strider)

He immediately called me to have me relay this to Gi:

"Jan 13 is a red letter day........I have been called a Professor - hence, my owner DOES comprehend my intelligence!"

We didn't talk further about how darn stupid it was to eat the collar in the first place, though when the last collar was killed, he (Strider) assured me it was because it was defective - to which his owner responded that it was not a defective collar, it was a defective Strider.

Volunteer attorney(s) sought for Strider man who is expected to remain neked until he can again be trusted.

....woe is he!

LMAO! That's why Wyatt has to wear a hardcore spike collar - I even had to special order one with extra spikes because the ones sold in pet stores weren't sufficient protection! We lost two collars before finally finding odds and ends of evidence of Scout's little habit!

When Gi told me, she said it was "professor" strider (as opposed to Mr. Strider)

He immediately called me to have me relay this to Gi:

"Jan 13 is a red letter day........I have been called a Professor - hence, my owner DOES comprehend my intelligence!"

We didn't talk further about how darn stupid it was to eat the collar in the first place, though when the last collar was killed, he (Strider) assured me it was because it was defective - to which his owner responded that it was not a defective collar, it was a defective Strider.

Volunteer attorney(s) sought for Strider man who is expected to remain neked until he can again be trusted.

....woe is he!

OR until I have to take him someplace - not at all sure he'll EVER be trustworthy enough! :P

LMAO! That's why Wyatt has to wear a hardcore spike collar - I even had to special order one with extra spikes because the ones sold in pet stores weren't sufficient protection! We lost two collars before finally finding odds and ends of evidence of Scout's little habit!

Hmmmm, may have to look for one of these! ;)

Hmmmm, may have to look for one of these! ;)

This is the one that I got Wyatt:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/14-18-Black-Leather-40-Spikes-large-Dog-Collar-/230730282374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b898b586#ht_4251wt_1139

Dirt cheap, and only synthetic leather, but lasts really well! I've had it for over a year and it still looks brand new, and it definitely keeps Scout off it! It never ceases to crack me up because it looks so bad ass, and when we go out walking it makes people automatically think bad ass dog. Kids often comment on it, and I have to explain that he wears it because he's a big baby and lets his brother eat his collars right off his neck!

This is the one that I got Wyatt:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/14-18-Black-Leather-40-Spikes-large-Dog-Collar-/230730282374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b898b586#ht_4251wt_1139

Dirt cheap, and only synthetic leather, but lasts really well! I've had it for over a year and it still looks brand new, and it definitely keeps Scout off it! It never ceases to crack me up because it looks so bad ass, and when we go out walking it makes people automatically think bad ass dog. Kids often comment on it, and I have to explain that he wears it because he's a big baby and lets his brother eat his collars right off his neck!

Guess I may have to give one of those a shot, one of these days! HAHA.gif