Heroic dog inspires new rules at shelter

aronoiiel

She probably has numerous times. Many women won't press charges, however, because they're afraid things will go even worse, and there's often not much the police can do, if the woman won't and keeps going back to her abuser.

Couldn't she also have gotten a restraining order against him? Or is that expensive to do cause you have to go to court?

Couldn't she also have gotten a restraining order against him? Or is that expensive to do cause you have to go to court?

I'm not sure what's involved with that, but if she returned to him, rather than him approaching her, I'm pretty sure that it makes a difference and is harder to enforce...

Though, I wonder why she wouldn't just call the police if he was being abusive towards her ALL the time. I mean, that's assault and a criminal offense.

I've been on receiving end of it before. Often times making that call to a womens center is difficult enough. It isn't uncommon for women to feel as if it's their fault and this man is the best they can do. They tend to ignore the bad and focus solely on the good. It's a very diluted way of thinking. They manipulate these woman and calling the police seems way too "extreme" most of the time. And they're usually so scared and try to talk themselves out of it by convincing themselves it's not that bad. Making the call to a women's center (let alone walking out of the abusers home and seeking help) is a hard step to take.