Peeing blood during heat?

aronoiiel

Kiana isn't very swollen and there's no discharge but she's peeing blood this morning which she hasn't done before. I know she's coming up on her third heat (and last thank god) just curious if it was a heat thing. I did find a tennis ball annihilated this morning so am a little concerned. Thoughts?

I'm not sure...are any parts of the tennis ball missing that you can't find else where? If so, she might have eaten some pieces...which would result in a digestive obstruction. But, you'd think that wouldn't affect her pee...?

Thanks gals I called my vet and she said to keep an eye on her for right now and like you said Nix to bring in a urine sample to see if there's anything weird. They destroyed it between midnight and 9am soooo idk who did it but it was a big ball and I only found half the darn thing >_< It was a HARD ball to didn't even think it was possible to annihilate it like that. She's not cleaning like she normally does when in season so idk. Figures they have to turn my hair grey when we get our first snowfall. Jerks lol.

Here's what was left of the ball

post-9011-0-70102600-1376084857_thumb.jp

post-1092-13586013109752_thumb.jpg

lol I know poor thing I'm 99% sure Diesel is the on that did it Kiana doesn't destroy her toys ever but Diesel is a toy annihilating machine. Doesn't mean she may not have nommed on the pieces though :(

Speaking of that...how are the 2 toys that Santa gave Diesal and Kiana holding up? Are they destroyed yet? lol

sometimes skylas pee looked bloody when she was in season - i put it down to it practically coming out of the same spot so that the urine was 'washing' the season blood off so looks like the pee has blood in - if u get what i mean :)

That's what I was thinking it is she is due to be in season and just cause she isn't swollen doesn't mean she isn't coming up to it lol silly dogs gotta makes us worry :)

Take her out on a leash with a little bowl or cup, ninja sneak it underneath when she's squatting, that's how I had to get Sadie's pee sample. Takes them a few minutes to go, Sadie was not comfortable with me having her on a leash to go. They have a backyard so I just let them out on their own to go so she thought it was weird.

This is gonna sound like an odd question but is she straining to go, or seeming in discomfort when she goes? I know blood in urine is a common sign of Cystitis.

Nope she's completely normal when she goes apart from doing it in the house and more frequently today. Totally normal behavior, playing fetch as I type, but I'm entertaining the idea of a UTI. The vet is fairly confident it's her coming up on her heat as she's been doing the mothering thing the last couple weeks. I'm still irritated I haven't gotten her spayed before this heat cycle but such is life in a crappy economy. Luckily I can do it after this cycle got her booked and everything.

Take her out on a leash with a little bowl or cup, ninja sneak it underneath when she's squatting, that's how I had to get Sadie's pee sample. Takes them a few minutes to go, Sadie was not comfortable with me having her on a leash to go. They have a backyard so I just let them out on their own to go so she thought it was weird.

Haha get to ninja the ninja I like it thanks :)

Nope she's completely normal when she goes apart from doing it in the house and more frequently today. Totally normal behavior, playing fetch as I type, but I'm entertaining the idea of a UTI. The vet is fairly confident it's her coming up on her heat as she's been doing the mothering thing the last couple weeks. I'm still irritated I haven't gotten her spayed before this heat cycle but such is life in a crappy economy. Luckily I can do it after this cycle got her booked and everything.

Yep, i can totally understand that! Times are not easy! Any UTI should show up in the urine sample, so at least you'll be on the safe side :) Good luck with getting it!

Take her out on a leash with a little bowl or cup, ninja sneak it underneath when she's squatting, that's how I had to get Sadie's pee sample.

Little? I'd be using the biggest tupperware tub attached to a stick or something! Bigger surface area, maximum distance! Lol.

I would suspect it's related to her heat cycle, but wanted to add my blood in urine experience from my boy Dakota...we had been on Merrick food for almost a year, a food that our boy was FINALLY excited about. He has been the pickiest of picky Siberians I swear....anyway one snowy morning I noticed blood where he had just pee'd, took him to the vet, they did a urine sample through a catheter and found crystals in his urine. After an ultrasound they found his bladder was full of crystals! The food had made his body Ph too basic and his urine crystallized. Some food for diabetic dogs raised his Ph, crystals cleared out without complication...switched food and never had an issue again.

Good luck and hopefully easy solution to your situation :)