What fresh food do you give your Husky?

Pupelvr

So I know there are raw diets that a lot of owners offer their huskies, but this is not what I am asking. What I was wondering do you feed your huskies any fruit or veggies?? If so, how much and when do you usually give them this fresh food?

Neptune is in love with fruit!! He is obsessed with oranges and apples, see below!!

Bp2QE7zE61s

I wanna hear your stories!!

Ginger is staring at me now, willing me to save at least some of my orange for her... occasionally, a slight bit of a whine escapes her! Most of my dogs have liked lots of different fruits and veggies, some of them more than others. Most have also liked sour better when they are young than they do as they age - I think it causes them to feel some upset as they get older. Rebel will do just about anything for greens of any sort... :P

My two don't really enjoy fruit but will once in a while have a slither of apple, but Ozzy loves butternut, and will even jump onto the kitchen table to get at it - which is unusal as he doesn't ever jump on furniture, he is a butternut thief :rolleyes: [ATTACH=full]35284[/ATTACH]

I never cooked butternut, so how do you prepare it for him?

So I know there are raw diets that a lot of owners offer their huskies, but this is not what I am asking. What I was wondering do you feed your huskies any fruit or veggies?? If so, how much and when do you usually give them this fresh food?

Neptune is in love with fruit!! He is obsessed with oranges and apples, see below!!

Bp2QE7zE61s

I wanna hear your stories!!

yeah apart from his raw meat ...marley likes raw carrots ....

He likes butternut raw - he likes to chew on it, and then spits the pulp out. It's a messy business :jawdrop:

hi rosemary ..theres afew pics of marley from the day i picked him up from the breeder ...my nephew did it for me so im going to try and have a go myself ...ther on a reply to someones message cos i dont know how to put them on the notice oard ...please let me know if it was a sucsess ..thanx

Carrots are good for teething. Pop them in the freezer for a little and they will love it!! Pumpkin is really yummy too. However I found out that onions and grapes are not good for dogs!!

yes they are poison to dogs ...x

• 2 weeks later...