It's the 21st century!!! Aarrgghh!!

Val (Zebedee)

Last week, a piece of one of my back teeth fell off, :rolleyes: the inside wall. I was in no pain but called the dentist surgery to book an appointment. I was told the dentist now only worked one day a week - Wednesday :confused: Erm - OK!!

I had had no check up sent out as normal & when I mentioned that, was told as the dentist only worked 1 day a week now, she only saw to lost fillings, chipped teeth, etc - could not fit in ordinary check ups! :eek: (hmmm - where does the money lie? check ups or dental work??) Anyhow, I made an appointment for today, 18th Jan 3pm. I was originally told 10.30am but when I said I work full time in Blackburn, an hour's drive away, she huffed & gave me what she advised was the latest appointment slot!

So, I forget to take my toothbrush so I could leave the office & drive straight there, but my Team Leader let me go 15 mins early so I could pop home on the way to brush my teeth. :D

All done, I got back in the car with Grumpy & drove to the dentist. Now, they were in a surgery for DONKEY'S years (if you don't understand that, it means for ever!! :P ) on a main route in to Liverpool; Edge Lane, which is being widened to accommodate the ever increasing number of vehicles. All the properties had compulsory purchase orders so they moved to a surgery in the Everton district - 10 mins away. We made our way there where Grumpy was going to drop me off & go van shopping - well, van looking cos we're skint! lol So out I get, off he drives & up to the 3rd floor I traipse.

"Can I help you?" (receptionist) "Yes, I have an appointment at 3pm, my name is --- ----" (me) .... click, click, click on pc by receptionist - "Are you sure it's here??" (receptionist) ... erm "Yes, I came here last time as they had moved from Edge Lane" (me) ....... "oh, is it Julie you're here to see?" (receptionist) ..... "Ah, yes! It is!" (me) ..............................

"Oh, they moved a few months back, in June! They're 10 mins away by car, just off Edge Lane!" :jawdrop:

Long story short, I rang Grumpy, got him to turn the car round & come pick me up, rang the dentist & advised they had neglected to tell me they had moved AGAIN! :mad: Then she had the audacity to put me on hold while she went to ask the dentist if she would still see me as I would be late for my appointment now!!

What I am trying to say - in a roundabout way - is why, in the 21st century, do businesses like this not collect email addresses or get special rates to send texts to mobiles to inform their patients of important issues such as MOVING LOCATION???

:rant:

ok, rant over! Phew!! Oh and I ended up with a big needle & a small filling - plus a big hole in my bank balance!! :P

that sounds a bit arse val.. i cracked a tooth and a bit of it fell out. my problem is that the fillings are crap they keep falling out.. ffs i've had fillings in my gob since i was a kid. how come these new fangled ones cant stay in for six months grr.. but at least they told me they were moving from haydock into town lol

I had a similar thing happen to me in 2007, I had an issue in severe pain, had used my dentist for almost two years in a series of fillings and root canals, and I had something really flare up, I trusted this women, I had not been there in a year, but come on only 1yr. I call leave a message and get a call back from her saying she had moved to southern california! so she sets me up with the guy she sold/transferred her patients to, and he wasn't in the same location either, and I get there and he's maybe 25, fresh young thing, not that I'm that old, but he was green and fresh, and shaky and quirky and just plain uncomfortable with himself and I had to walk out! the dentist closes her business moves 400 miles away with out notifying her patients! WTF....