Why did you name your Husky?

ICE & SHADOW

With all the different and unique names on this board, whats the meaning behind your husky's name?

If this topic has been covered, I apologize in advance , I did a search, but I only have so much time in a day to go through all them pages lol.

I will start.

Ice:

Cold, and the color of his eyes.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I wanted her name to be Glacier, being a solid white. However, my boyfriend would not agree to it - he hated the name! I couldn't think of anything else that seemed to suit her, so I looked up some names, and we both agreed on Echo, and I think it definetly works for her!

As for my last boy Taz, that was his name when I got him. The owners named him that because of his crazy personality when he was younger. I kept it because he had it so long, Taz is my favorite looney tunes character, and his spinning and ravenous appetite reminded me of the character, so it definetly suited him very well :)

Suka came with his name. I wanted to change it to Apache, because I hated the name Suka at first...but then the name grew on me. Now I can't imagine him with any other name.

I did some research, and it turns out 'Suka' means 'fast' in Inhuit. And he sure is fast!

Alpha came to us with that name and we kept it, must say as well the he is not an alpha lolol

Bindi (her given name was Benji, which we did not like) Bindi = Star of Energy which is correct with her most of the time..

When we got Ozzy as a puppy he was sooo clumsy and bumped into everything and seemed at times to have trouble walking in a straight(ish) line :whistling: We are also heavy rock/metal fans :) so the name seemed appropriate. He is no longer the clumsy pup though.

Akuma and Kobi both came with their names, akuma means white devil in Japanese I believe, maybe something in it cos folks regularly crossed street to avoid the big ball of fluff.

Kobi means supplanted but that goes whoosh over my head. If I'd named him for his character it would have been Dennis the menace lol

Polee was given her name by the breeders daughter because she looked like a polar bear cub when she was born. My OH wanted to change the name but I thought it suited her so we kept it. It's also unique as far as I'm aware there are no other Polee's around

Marius (Marius de Romanus) is the keeper of Akasha and Enkil in Anne Rice's vampire cronicles he is a very old and wise vampire. My cats names are Akasha and Enkil :P so I thought Marius could be their keeper lol. Plus I love vampires :D movies and books :) I always had it planned out that I would get a purebred siberian husky and that I would name his Marius :D and here I am with my epic puppy <3

m

With all the different and unique names on this board, whats the meaning behind your husky's name?

If this topic has been covered, I apologize in advance , I did a search, but I only have so much time in a day to go through all them pages lol.

I will start.

Ice:

Cold, and the color of his eyes.

marley:

after bob marley (singer)

Shadow...............because he was like my Shadow when we first got him (also a name from 8 below)

Although since found out his original name was Spirit which really does suit him as he has plenty of that for a 8/9 year old! but decided to stick with Shadow as that is what we have known him as :)

Mine was just 'N334' in the home that we got her from. We was sat waiting to sign the adoption papers and discussing names for her when 'Mika' just popped into my head. I said it and her ears pricked up, it was the first time she'd properly looked into my eyes =) so I said 'Mika, sit.' and she sat. She's already 5 yet responding to the name really well so I just presume her original name was something similar.

I recently found out that her name means 'beautiful scent' hahaha couldn't have been further from the truth at the time :P

slang definition lol i think its her all over she like to act like a queen but i wouldnt say shes a celebrated singer she isnt very good lol

noun

• one who behaves as a goddess or queen. A diva is a celebrated female singer, similar to a "prima donna" (literally "first lady.") Both the terms "diva" and "prima donna" are now used disparagingly for someone who acts overly entitled