Anyone try the Quantum leash by Kurgo?

Brady

I'm thinking of buying it, but the pet store I was looking at didn't offer a return policy..

http://www.kurgostore.com/products/Quantum-Leash.html

Anyone try it? I'm thinking it might be good with Sherlock --- using my whole body weight to keep him from pulling, instead of him dislocating my arm.. But, wondered if anyone else had ever tried it or something similar?

Thanks!

I reckon if I would use that around my waist and both of them saw a cat or rabbit I would be in a lot of pain. I would keep it with my walking belt. OK a lot more expensive but then also a lot wider.

I can't help thinking that one good lunge forward from a Husky and that would haul across the back / side of your neck

Those of you that use walking belts, think of the twang you get on the small of your back when your furkid launches after a cat or squirrel.

Now imagine that on you neck

I wouldn't like to try that :(

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm undecided still.. I'm hoping to find a place that will let me try it and return it if I don't like it. Sherlock doesn't yank on me very hard... but then again, I'm not sure we've run across a sprinting rabbit yet.

Just my opinion but that looks like a TERRIBLE idea for dogs bred to pull. You could seriously injure yourself!

Not trying to be rude, but just trying to understand - why do you think having your whole body weight to counteract pulling is more dangerous than holding on to a lead with your arm?

Maybe Sherlock just doesn't pull as much as a regular husky yet - so I find it harder to understand --- I need all the advice I can get before he gets to be an adult! :)

The lead basically is around your NECK! If the dog pulls to the oposite side that it is looped over, your neck will get the full force pulling accross and down on it. Just imagine your dog sees a squirrel, rabbit, cat etc.....

It would be pulling before you could react with your hands and the force on your neck would NOT be progressive but a SHOCK, and could result in quite serious injury, akin to whiplash, OR WORSE:yikes:

If you're after hands free walking or a device to give extra security in case you let go of the lead... get a walking belt.

Only my opinion, but I would hate to think of anyone getting hurt.

The lead basically is around your NECK! If the dog pulls to the oposite side that it is looped over, your neck will get the full force pulling accross and down on it. Just imagine your dog sees a squirrel, rabbit, cat etc.....

It would be pulling before you could react with your hands and the force on your neck would NOT be progressive but a SHOCK, and could result in quite serious injury, akin to whiplash, OR WORSE:yikes:

If you're after hands free walking or a device to give extra security in case you let go of the lead... get a walking belt.

Only my opinion, but I would hate to think of anyone getting hurt.

Oh ok. Thanks, I really appreciate all the advice. Like I said, Sherlock is still a baby so I've still got a lot of learning to do. Right now, if he sees something he does pull but it doesn't take much more than a pull back and a verbal correction to get him to stop pulling. My biggest problem is with just regular walks. He won't walk beside me and always needs to be ahead. That's what I want to correct. But, I'll look in to the walking belt. Thanks again!

I'm thinking of buying it, but the pet store I was looking at didn't offer a return policy..

http://www.kurgostore.com/products/Quantum-Leash.html

Anyone try it? I'm thinking it might be good with Sherlock --- using my whole body weight to keep him from pulling, instead of him dislocating my arm.. But, wondered if anyone else had ever tried it or something similar?

Thanks!

blimey i'd say that would hurt. a proper padded walking belt is what most people use

I bought one of these Kurga Quantum leads and it seems to be pretty sturdy and having the carabiner on one end is useful for hooking to car (obviously when its stationery lol) it also has a soft padded strap, which can slide up or or down the leash to a suitable position for you, which you use for the handle or sit around your waist as a bit of a cusion so the strap doesnt dig in so much. the leash is made of doubled up straps with one being stitched every few inches all the way along to make eyelets for you to hook the carabiner through to make the leash different lengths. sorry probably not explained that too well, if you would like me to take close up pictures of it let me know and will pm them to you. the only down side so far I have seen is if you wear it around waist the length of leash to the dog is quite short but that is ideal for street walking in my opinion. Dan used it on his husky Wolf today during our hill walk in Wales so he should be able to give you a wearability report Daniel Cameron

heres a picture of it worn, its the orange and black coloured one in the forefront of pic

post-2355-0-90808100-1377881627_thumb.jp

I bought the ruffwear omnijore system for use with my husky and its been great having my arm back in its socket were its meant to be! there are cheaper belts than that but I needed a harness and leash too though, so this suited my needs

http://www.lovingoutdoors.co.uk/ruffwear-omnijore-joring-system.html

is there anyone who goes walking by you who uses a walking belt who could give you a go of one of them? I swear once you've used one of those you'll never look back

good look and hope the arm finds its way back to its socket soon ;)

post-6399-13586015314456_thumb.jpg