How did you get your little one/ones?

noheroesanymore

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rescued my first boy, Taz, when he was 9 years old from his owners who were threatening to euthanize him because they just wanted to dispose of him - he lived to be 15 years old and was a very happy boy when I rescued him.

I adopted Echo from the Humane Society that I work at. I got first dibs since I am a staff member :)

I rescued my first boy, Taz, when he was 9 years old from his owners who were threatening to euthanize him because they just wanted to dispose of him - he lived to be 15 years old and was a very happy boy when I rescued him.

I adopted Echo from the Humane Society that I work at. I got first dibs since I am a staff member :)

I'm sure it's hard to work there because you probably want to take them all home. That would be me.

Shadow - our first, we got as a pup nearly 20 years ago. She sadly passed away at 7 to diabeties. After that hubby said no more I cant go through that again.

Storm - After much persuasion hubby allowed us to get another, only for him to have to be PTS at 6 months due to fits :( Said definately no more as we just had rottern luck.

But then came.......

Aslan - rehome at 7 months. The typical cant cope story. He was advertised on an advert board in ASDA and it was pure fate I saw him as I never go shopping there as its like chav central. A lot of convincing and saying oh poor Mishka needs a friend I wa told I could 'go see him' well go see him turned into go bring him home lol.

Bayan - well he is another fate story. We got home checked and accepted for SHCGB welfare. We had very specific ideas of what we wanted and agreed to wait till the right boy came along. Then out of nowhere my mother became ill and consequently sadly died. Due to this we put off rehoming till everything settled. But then appeared Bayan on this very forum. He fitted what we were looking for perfectly. Went to see him, and the past is history so to say.

Dax - A.K.A pain in the butt lol. Well we got thinking then, ohh well we could fit one more in. Our old lab had passed away age 17 so we had some space for another. That and ohh its so much fun scootering perhaps another??? Then I did the worst thing ever. I looked on Gumtree!!! Whatever you do, DO NOT look on there unless you want to take in another dog lol. There was Dax, or Shadow as he was known then. Typical rehome story again at 7 months. 5 kids and still going with another in the oven. Poor thing didnt stand a chance really. So home he came with us.

So unless we get lucky on the lotto, there are no more .............. for now!!!