Annoyed at people..

noheroesanymore

So my boyfriend and I are looking for a different apartment/house and it seems like all of the places have breed restrictions and of course husky is on it. I don't understand why???It's annoying and the people are still trying to say "If you are still interested, I could set up an appointment to show you one of our homes if you would like?" Hello did you not listen to me say I have a husky puppy. If she is not welcomed we are not going there. Did anyone else have this trouble before?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had trouble finding somewhere to live. But my landlord is amazing. I'd not swap him for the world! It can be very hard to rent with what people consider to be a 'big dog'.

It's sad because she is only 4months old and she is a good dog, doesn't bark and cause trouble like people would think. Also, she is housebroken and will lets us know when she needs to potty outside. She can do it all but no one wants to give it a chance.

hope u find somewhere soon , maybe theres a way u can pursuade them if u promise topay any damages she might make n make sure if u ever move out u will get the house professionally clean - n put down an added deposite or something for them letting u keep ur dog with u - not sure if they would go for that or not

hope u find somewhere soon , maybe theres a way u can pursuade them if u promise topay any damages she might make n make sure if u ever move out u will get the house professionally clean - n put down an added deposite or something for them letting u keep ur dog with u - not sure if they would go for that or not

Thank you! Yes, we will see what we can do. Hope someone is kind enough to take a chance. She doesn't destroy anything.

Thank you! Yes, we will see what we can do. Hope someone is kind enough to take a chance. She doesn't destroy anything.

if u say that , but say if she does u will personally pay to get it fixed they might not be so negative - maybe say she is crate trained at night and when ur not in aswell - just to swing it in her favour ;)

Good luck to you guys too... To be fair, all of our neighbors are really old, so I can see why a husky would annoy them, but he's the quietest on the block and we get blamed for all the other dogs noises! :(

Aw, poor thing. Keep your head up. I know my neighbors are older and they think they are teenagers. They have music blasting and make sure they have their door open and that the bass booms. It's annoying because N is good and quiet and they are not. Some people just don't have respect for their neighbors.

Putting it from a landlord perspective it is understandable because the dog owners will often say anything to be accepted and you can't know whether the dogs are really angels or monsters. But that's what the deposit's for and from what I know if you have a pet in the flat, at the end of the lease you have to prove that the carpets/furniture has been professionally cleaned.

However, allowing small dogs and not allowing huskies for example I don't understand. Or breed restrictions. What can a husky do that another non-restricted dog can't do? Can other dogs pee? Yes. Can they chew? Yes. What's the difference then?

Putting it from a landlord perspective it is understandable because the dog owners will often say anything to be accepted and you can't know whether the dogs are really angels or monsters. But that's what the deposit's for and from what I know if you have a pet in the flat, at the end of the lease you have to prove that the carpets/furniture has been professionally cleaned.

However, allowing small dogs and not allowing huskies for example I don't understand. Or breed restrictions. What can a husky do that another non-restricted dog can't do? Can other dogs pee? Yes. Can they chew? Yes. What's the difference then?

I agree 100%. We would be willing to pay more or get whatever cleaned but no one wants to go for that.

Aw, poor thing. Keep your head up. I know my neighbors are older and they think they are teenagers. They have music blasting and make sure they have their door open and that the bass booms. It's annoying because N is good and quiet and they are not. Some people just don't have respect for their neighbors.

I wish mine thought they were teenagers, lol! Theres only one other house with teenagers in on the block and they are 2 doors down from us, so ofcourse we get blamed for all there noise too, which we be somewhat ok, but they know they OH's grandparents who happen to be the people we rent house that we live in from :/ We try our hardest to keep our noise down and one side respects the fact we are young as long as we don't push our luck, the other side are just mean :(

I wish mine thought they were teenagers, lol! Theres only one other house with teenagers in on the block and they are 2 doors down from us, so ofcourse we get blamed for all there noise too, which we be somewhat ok, but they know they OH's grandparents who happen to be the people we rent house that we live in from :/ We try our hardest to keep our noise down and one side respects the fact we are young as long as we don't push our luck, the other side are just mean :(

These teenagers get annoying and yell and sometimes fight. Thank goodness he moved out but they still hang out together and drink. Some people just never grow up. Sad but true. Don't let them get you down.

These teenagers get annoying and yell and sometimes fight. Thank goodness he moved out but they still hang out together and drink. Some people just never grow up. Sad but true. Don't let them get you down.

Oh dear :/ They can't get me down, I have a gorgeous fur baby that never fails to bring a smile to my face (even when he is being a naughty so and so) :)

I've dealt with that problem tons of times before but not with my husky as we've only had him for a little bit. We were trying to move when we had our old pit bull Bowser and never found a place. So we decided just to stay put until we can sell our house. Still have a year before we can ugh! I won't ever move someplace where my dogs aren't welcome. Best of luck in finding a new place. It may be hard but keep searching and something should come along :)

I've dealt with that problem tons of times before but not with my husky as we've only had him for a little bit. We were trying to move when we had our old pit bull Bowser and never found a place. So we decided just to stay put until we can sell our house. Still have a year before we can ugh! I won't ever move someplace where my dogs aren't welcome. Best of luck in finding a new place. It may be hard but keep searching and something should come along :)

Thank you and I will! I know pit bull was on the list of restrictions that the lady sent me.

Pit Bulls

Rottweilers

German Shepherds

Huskies

Malamutes

Dobermans

Chowchows

St. Bernard's

Great Danes

Akitas

Terriers (Staffordshire)

American Bull Dog