U.S. shuts Megaupload.com, hackers retaliate

Elyse

::sigh:: The information on it isn't really being pushed the way it should be.

Fellow Americans bother your elected officials...relentlessly. Take two minutes out of your day three times every day to say, "I'm against this." to the person on the other end of the line whose paid by your tax dollars to take messages for those you elected.

That is all.

::sigh:: The information on it isn't really being pushed the way it should be.

Fellow Americans bother your elected officials...relentlessly. Take two minutes out of your day three times every day to say, "I'm against this." to the person on the other end of the line whose paid by your tax dollars to take messages for those you elected.

That is all.

I'll be honest, I'm quite surprised how most of the people did go about protesting the right way. Yeah there's the hackers and crap, but for the most part I saw people's letters (including my OH's) to their reps and petitions such as google's that got an enormous amount of support. Plus the blackout which was interesting though some politicians didn't get the point... :facepalm:

The problem I have with the "right" way is yeah our tax dollars pay them..but the supporters and lobbyists pay them more lol. I can't stand that. I have very little faith in anything politics related. There's a map that labeled states according to support/opposition of the bills(http://www.spatialsituation.com/protect-ip-map/).. and while it is terribly obvious pretty much no one wants SOPA/PIPA besides big companies(4.5mil people signed google's petition in one day), the states are still mostly supporters. Why? Big bucks yo. /end cynical rant

Anyway, I really like this guys view of the megaupload/sopa/pipa stuff, especially as a successful artist himself who does everything on his own (no publisher and such). Give it a read if your interested!

Yeah...and also, I used to use Megaupload to upload movies (that I created myself! No copyrighted stuff in there!) to show to my friends before I used Youtube.

I also used it for a lot of other legal stuff, and now that its shut down....ARGH!