Mya baffles me yet again.

valkyra

Hello all I haven't been on for awhile life has been an uphill climb as of late but my girls are always there to keep me in line lol.

About a month ago Mya started losing weight no idea why she just didn't want to eat she dropped to about 30 pounds kept telling her the animal cops were going to take me to jail if she didn't eat. The day I made her vet appt it actually decided to snow about an inch, she went out played in the snow came in licked my hand and headed off to the food and ate the whole dish vet check was all ok. Could it be my little Mya just needed a taste of cold weather to kick in her metabolism in the butt and got her back on track she is up to 45 pounds now I still think she is skinny but at least I know she is eating.

Some of them go through phases. Micah will never, ever skip a meal, but Ozzy will go a day or two where no amount of coaxing will get him to eat. As long as she is drinking water and playing I wouldn't worry too much. Or ........ maybe she was waiting for the snow :yahoo:

I've also heard they go through a loosing weight stage between 1-2 years of age. How old is Mya?

Ice is 47 pounds, but skinny looking as well, hips show, and his ribs use to be visble. He is slowly feeling out.

Ice eats once a day and every now and again skips a day. He averages 2 cups of kibble a day for the week.