Help! Is my Husky a dwarf?

Mike&Blaze

Hi guys! I just adopted this cute little boy from a shelter. He was brought in all the way down from the north. They told me it was a husky mix and thought it was mixed with an alaskan malamute. He's an adorable fella. He's two months old and almost housbroken ( trained in just a couple of days! ). I think he's gonna be a great dog. My only concern is... HIS SIZE!!

I mean, I've seen some pics of huskies at that age and they are alot bigger. Mine was only 5 pounds when i got him to the vet. It's been a couple days since then so he maybe gained a few pounds but still! He seems short ! Check out the pic, do you guys think maybe he was mixed with another breed? Gimme your thoughts!

post-6772-13586014713974_thumb.jpg

post-6772-13586014715023_thumb.jpg

When I picked up Luna she was 8 weeks old and she looked tiny. She didn't look that much bigger than when I saw her at 3 weeks old. :(

Between 8 and 10 weeks, i saw very little difference in growth.

At 10 weeks, she weighed 3.4kg and has really 'kicked' on since.

She's now nearly 14 weeks and weighs nearly 5kg, and actually looks rather skinny!

I did think about feeding her more as she always seems hungry, but I've now decided that she is a 'doggy dustbin' and would eat until she made herself ill, so I'll stick to her current diet.

Got to agree with Nix maybe he's just underweight from a poor start in life .... Brooke is is now 5 mnths was tiny when we got her at 8 weeks

[ATTACH=full]35524[/ATTACH]

But now at 5 mths she nearly as tall as my two other girls :)

[ATTACH=full]35525[/ATTACH]

brooke is 2 month younger than our anarchy and is bigger than her i think anarchy is a dwarf

I agree as to what others have said malnutrition can stunt growth but what is also possible 1) within breeds different genetic lines have different times of growth resulting in some having a growth spurt at 4months others at 5 or 6.

2) Also if not pure, depends on exactly what the mix is with depends on that breeds growth periods or what qualities the pup has more of size/weight wise. Doesnt necessarily mean a small puppy will be a small dog all very circumstantial it seems to me. I go by as long as they are healthy and putting on weight from puppy hood -adulthood im happy big or small :)

Hi and welcome2-2.png - he's adorable, regardless!

Dwarfism does exist in dogs, but it would really be a dog like a Bassett hound or Corgi, with very short and malformed legs. He may, as others have said, but small due to malnourishment, but his proportions are pretty much what they should be. He looks like he could well be pure Siberian to me...