1 year on .....

BingBlaze n Skyla

(pics are added to this they arent grusome but are upsetting)

this time last year i had just got back from the vets after the shortest ever dog walk

as 10 minutes into our walk my poor princess Skyla-bear got attacked :(

it was pretty brutal she had multiple puncture wounds on her chest which ended up covered in blood,

several bites on her legs and 1 huge hole about the size of a 50pence peice on her side

she didnt retaliate she just lay there whilst i tried to get the dog off her - she looked so sad as if to say 'why me? what have i done wrong?' :cry1: i remember it like it was yesterday n i still cry when i think about how different things could have ended up - luckily after what seemed like FOREVER but was only really 10 mins or so we managed to get the dog off n the owners shot back in the house like cowards not even hanging around to see if Skyla was ok

luckily we weren't too far away from my nan and grandads house so after a quick call to them to come n get us all , we rung the police too .

Getting 4 adults and 3 dogs in a corsa was no mean feat LOL but we dropped mum n the boys back home , my nan walked back to theirs n grampa rushed me n skyla to the vets

a course of antibiotics and metacam later - plus painkillers we brought her home , she came right upstairs laydown on the bed and rested.

they next day it was like nothing was wrong with her she was still such a happy pup wanting to play she was still abit sore on her legs but u wouldnt have known anything was wrong with her :) she had to have the side wound shaved as it was getting infected she had another course of antibiotics and metacam and some stuff to clean it with - which she didnt like but she let me do it,

then she ended up with fluid on her chest n had to have it drained several times of the corse of a week its still not back to normal and she doesnt like wearing harnesses that press against it but its no longer filled with fluid, the hole healed up and the fur grew back :)

she can still be fearful with some dogs but shes pulled thru it much better then i expecting , shes still a happy playful pup - gets on with most dogs and hasnt stopped smiling despite it all

i love my babies so much and im so so proud of my baby girl :)

random post i know but i just wanted to share her story - i cant belive how quick a year has been - Skyla has been thru alot and i wouldnt blame her in the slightest if she was dog agressive but shes not to an extent (she can get snappy in large groups)

I just wanted to let every1 know that despite what happens u can pull thru pretty much anything

anyway heres some pics of her thru it all

163628_10150090369856681_714381680_6629436_8242284_n.jpg

167346_10150090503496681_714381680_6631027_2580429_n.jpg

180681_10150090503721681_714381680_6631029_1451572_n.jpg

168069_10150097199761681_714381680_6726053_304266_n.jpg

and now :)

406994_10150496341171681_714381680_9110845_1331865564_n.jpg

387234_10150406809516681_714381680_8790037_2102020031_n.jpg

312896_10150390109001681_714381680_8740118_1247268153_n.jpg

300579_10150363751916681_714381680_8654290_1524046693_n.jpg

374081_10150363752166681_714381680_8654294_1035568100_n.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to add that despite ringing the police and them being really helpful - the dog was moved on by the 'owners' the bloke who actually owns the dog (his sister or something was looking after it) is in prison now for something else - so despite everything our vet bills didnt get paid - we are just lucky that the amount of times she went the vets it didnt cost us a small fortune

wow what a quick year, I think I joined just after all this happened. She is a stunning girl and the pic of her on the bed with that amazing bushy tail is lovely. I am pleased she has recovered so well. I just wish people would keep agressive dogs on lead at all times then things like this wouldn't happen so often.

Aww yay for skyla :)

and she turned out to be completely gorgeous too ^^

I don't know what I'd do if it was Kira-I'm glad you both pulled through well :)

shes pulled thru it better then i have - i still cry about it now - she just looks at me weird n sticks her paw in my face lol

my dog turned 1 year Jan 19th

my older dog turned 3 on Jan 9th.

it feels like i have had them my whole life.

weve not even had skyla 2 years

but this attack still feels like it happened yesterday - for me anyway - she couldnt give a toss - i still get scared now when i see offlead dogs but blaze looks after her n wont let another dog near her now - he even gets aggy when bings plays with her n steps in if he feels the need to

She looks like a very happy dog despite what happened, she's gorgeous & fluffy, well done to you both :)

What type of dog was it that attacked her - doesn't make a difference, I just wondered.

My big BC would defend the others if anything attacked one of them, he's so gentle but so protective!

She looks like a very happy dog despite what happened, she's gorgeous & fluffy, well done to you both :)

What type of dog was it that attacked her - doesn't make a difference, I just wondered.

My big BC would defend the others if anything attacked one of them, he's so gentle but so protective!

it was a staffy x i think - it looked pure staffy but was bigger and really solidly built

it was a staffy x i think - it looked pure staffy but was bigger and really solidly built

Poor girl, you were both lucky then because staffs normally clamp on and rip side to side causing a lot of damage!

I know that won't help how you feel but it could have been a lot worse! She looks like butter wouldn't melt lol

Poor girl, you were both lucky then because staffs normally clamp on and rip side to side causing a lot of damage!

I know that won't help how you feel but it could have been a lot worse! She looks like butter wouldn't melt lol

thats what it was doing - i think the fact shes SO fluffy is what saved her - i think if it had been bings it had attacked it would have killed him - i thought it was gonna kill skyla too :cry1: i think it helped that she just lay there aswell n didnt struggle to get away n didnt fight back

I dread to think what I would have done to that dog had it been me in that situation!

I had a similar thing happen about 6 years ago to my BC Deiffen. He was walking off lead along the prom, middle of winter, hardly anyone around. There was an old man walking pushing an old lady in a wheelchair on the opposite side of the road. He had a Bull Mastif that looked like a horse it was that big!

Suddenly, it ran across the road, the old man had ZERO chance of restraining it!, Deiffen stopped to say 'hi' & it bit into his right side, picked him up like a rag doll & shook him! I was about 30ft away & ran at the dog with a chain lead. It let Deiffen go & as he turned to run away & back to me, it bit him again on his back/left side & shook him again!

All the time it's owner was shouting "NO" but the dog ignored him.

I smashed the dog over the head with the chain lead & it dropped Deiffen. The owner put it back on a lead, said "he just ran, I couldn't stop him". No apology etc. After checking Deiff over, he seemed ok so I gave the man a mouthful of abuse & took Deiff home. I should have rang the police & said it had attacked me, they would have done something then!

I used to have a duvet over my settee which Deiff lay on & 20mins after getting home, Deiff jumped off the settee & there was a huge blood stain. On checking him again, I found 2 big 'rips' as well as the bite marks. It cost me £250 in the vets in the end because they stitched him but didn't give me a 'cone'. I got up the following day & he'd ripped out the stitches & they had to be re-done, brilliant!!

It hasn't affected his temperament at all though, he's still very gentle, loving, loyal and is very friendly to other dogs. However, he will now stand up to ANY dog that shows any aggression to him or the others. i suppose that can only be a good thing.

I dread to think what I would have done to that dog had it been me in that situation!

I had a similar thing happen about 6 years ago to my BC Deiffen. He was walking off lead along the prom, middle of winter, hardly anyone around. There was an old man walking pushing an old lady in a wheelchair on the opposite side of the road. He had a Bull Mastif that looked like a horse it was that big!

Suddenly, it ran across the road, the old man had ZERO chance of restraining it!, Deiffen stopped to say 'hi' & it bit into his right side, picked him up like a rag doll & shook him! I was about 30ft away & ran at the dog with a chain lead. It let Deiffen go & as he turned to run away & back to me, it bit him again on his back/left side & shook him again!

All the time it's owner was shouting "NO" but the dog ignored him.

I smashed the dog over the head with the chain lead & it dropped Deiffen. The owner put it back on a lead, said "he just ran, I couldn't stop him". No apology etc. After checking Deiff over, he seemed ok so I gave the man a mouthful of abuse & took Deiff home. I should have rang the police & said it had attacked me, they would have done something then!

I used to have a duvet over my settee which Deiff lay on & 20mins after getting home, Deiff jumped off the settee & there was a huge blood stain. On checking him again, I found 2 big 'rips' as well as the bite marks. It cost me £250 in the vets in the end because they stitched him but didn't give me a 'cone'. I got up the following day & he'd ripped out the stitches & they had to be re-done, brilliant!!

It hasn't affected his temperament at all though, he's still very gentle, loving, loyal and is very friendly to other dogs. However, he will now stand up to ANY dog that shows any aggression to him or the others. i suppose that can only be a good thing.

oh poor boy :( bless him :( - im not proud of what i did but i tried to kick the living daylight out of the dog on skyla - eventually it let go the owner had gone n got its lead n collar n when it was on its lead it then lunged at bings - bings had slipped his collar tho n jumped back when it lunged at him

we didnt get an appology either

Skyla can be abit funny with dogs now specially if they are bigger then her but shes 90% ok with others - blaze will protect her like his life depended on it tho - which is good but makes meeting up with other people n their dogs abit difficult if i have both

oh poor boy :( bless him :( - im not proud of what i did but i tried to kick the living daylight out of the dog on skyla - eventually it let go the owner had gone n got its lead n collar n when it was on its lead it then lunged at bings - bings had slipped his collar tho n jumped back when it lunged at him

we didnt get an appology either

Skyla can be abit funny with dogs now specially if they are bigger then her but shes 90% ok with others - blaze will protect her like his life depended on it tho - which is good but makes meeting up with other people n their dogs abit difficult if i have both

I'm sorry to say, I'm very proud of what I did. At the end of the day, it's my dog & I love them like children. I'm not having someone else's dog attacking mine!

At the end of the day, someone that old & infirm shouldn't have a dog that big when they haven't a hope of controlling it.

I have to wear steel toecaps for my work - health & safety. As I walk my dogs straight after work, I'm obviously still wearing them. I wouldn't give a secong thought about kicking a dog in the head if it attacked one of mine, however much I love animals.

The way I look at it is, what if that had actually have been a child?!

Are you coming to April (Towyn) Husky camp? If so, I'll be popping around to meet everyone, I only live 10mins away :D

I'm sorry to say, I'm very proud of what I did. At the end of the day, it's my dog & I love them like children. I'm not having someone else's dog attacking mine!

At the end of the day, someone that old & infirm shouldn't have a dog that big when they haven't a hope of controlling it.

I have to wear steel toecaps for my work - health & safety. As I walk my dogs straight after work, I'm obviously still wearing them. I wouldn't give a secong thought about kicking a dog in the head if it attacked one of mine, however much I love animals.

The way I look at it is, what if that had actually have been a child?!

Are you coming to April (Towyn) Husky camp? If so, I'll be popping around to meet everyone, I only live 10mins away :D

well true - i dont regret it - i was saving my girl but i wish i didnt had to of kicked the other dog

i should be yeah :) only with skyla tho not blazey