Life expectancy of a Husky

SA DA KA

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard somewhere around 12-14 years, but I'm not entirely sure. Their life expectancy depends on a lot of factors, actually, and you might be able to extend their lifespan a little if you make sure they don't get fat, take them to the vet at least yearly for checkups, and etc. I guess it would also vary depending if your husky is a mix or if its a pure-bred.

bitches can live up to 16,[ATTACH=full]35590[/ATTACH][ATTACH]35590[/ATTACH] males a bit less but depends my bitch is coming up 14 and is as fit as a fiddle i want her to live forever!

oh yeah ..she looks brill ...i hope shes with you a lot longer yet ....i would be pleased if marley reaches her age ...and looks as well hes 4 today xx

I had heard it was 12-14 years, but one of our members had 2 furries that recently went over the Bridge aged 17 yrs! :clap:

We asked the question because our beloved "Sasha" passed at 13 years 9 months from a ruptured tumor on her liver that we didn't even know existed, and our beloved "Dakota" passed at 13 years 3 months of Diabetes which he developed right after Sasha's passing and we still have Kayak who is now 13 years 1 month. We have had so many people who say to us, "wow, they really lived a long time", but of coarse never long enough for us who love our dogs. Thank you for sharing your information. Congrats to your friend with 17 years. Here is a picture of our three, Kayak, Sasha and Dakota.post-6001-0-41546800-1377422142_thumb.jp

post-6713-1358601484882_thumb.jpg

oh yeah ..she looks brill ...i hope shes with you a lot longer yet ....i would be pleased if marley reaches her age ...and looks as well hes 4 today xx

Happy birthday marley:cake: hope your mummy got you something nice !:). thank you. yes clio is brilliant and a tough cookie and rules the roost over the boys!lol thats how it should be!:D

We asked the question because our beloved "Sasha" passed at 13 years 9 months from a ruptured tumor on her liver that we didn't even know existed, and our beloved "Dakota" passed at 13 years 3 months of Diabetes which he developed right after Sasha's passing and we still have Kayak who is now 13 years 1 month. We have had so many people who say to us, "wow, they really lived a long time", but of coarse never long enough for us who love our dogs. Thank you for sharing your information. Congrats to your friend with 17 years. Here is a picture of our three, Kayak, Sasha and Dakota.[ATTACH=full]35593[/ATTACH]

3 ..beauties ..what wonderful memories you must ...they look like ...the three muskateers ..x

Happy birthday marley:cake: hope your mummy got you something nice !:). thank you. yes clio is brilliant and a tough cookie and rules the roost over the boys!lol thats how it should be!:D

marley says thank you ..oh...yes new toys and treats ..and lots of hugs and kisses ...:)

We asked the question because our beloved "Sasha" passed at 13 years 9 months from a ruptured tumor on her liver that we didn't even know existed, and our beloved "Dakota" passed at 13 years 3 months of Diabetes which he developed right after Sasha's passing and we still have Kayak who is now 13 years 1 month. We have had so many people who say to us, "wow, they really lived a long time", but of coarse never long enough for us who love our dogs. Thank you for sharing your information. Congrats to your friend with 17 years. Here is a picture of our three, Kayak, Sasha and Dakota.[ATTACH=full]35593[/ATTACH]

I love that picture ! ive been though it in 2007 with my beloved nanook.and yes its sad when they have to leave us but you will always have the memories:rainbowbridge: and i hope your kayak lives a long happy life:)

3 ..beauties ..what wonderful memories you must ...they look like ...the three muskateers ..x

In some comical way, they were The Three Muskateers. We own Edelweiss, a bakery in Johnson, Vermont. We have had customers who have made almost the same remark when they saw the Three. The dogs were always here at the bakery. We received many condolences from customer. We did not know that so many of them were dog owners. Because of Sasha, Dakota and Kayak, we started a Health and Wellness for Dogs within the bakery that we named "SA DA KA" (saw da ka) and it is doing well. We have books on Holistic Guide to a Healthy Dog, Emergency Care, we bake dog treats that are all natural, natural pet toys and organic pet care products.

In some comical way, they were The Three Muskateers. We own Edelweiss, a bakery in Johnson, Vermont. We have had customers who have made almost the same remark when they saw the Three. The dogs were always here at the bakery. We received many condolences from customer. We did not know that so many of them were dog owners. Because of Sasha, Dakota and Kayak, we started a Health and Wellness for Dogs within the bakery that we named "SA DA KA" (saw da ka) and it is doing well. We have books on Holistic Guide to a Healthy Dog, Emergency Care, we bake dog treats that are all natural, natural pet toys and organic pet care products.

wow ..that is lovley ..love the name ..do you advertize your products on a website ...

wow ..that is lovley ..love the name ..do you advertize your products on a website ...

No we don't, the Bakery has us very consumed and we were suprised in ourselves that we started SA DA KA. The bakery has been going for 19 years and would like to switch over to starting a new venture in the Health and Wellness for Dogs. We have been looking at 7 and more acres of land to start up a Husky Rescue and Retreat for people to bond with their dogs in an outdoor setting like a Bed and Breakfast but using genuine Tee Pee's on the property and just enjoying nature, their dogs and themselves.

No we don't, the Bakery has us very consumed and we were suprised in ourselves that we started SA DA KA. The bakery has been going for 19 years and would like to switch over to starting a new venture in the Health and Wellness for Dogs. We have been looking at 7 and more acres of land to start up a Husky Rescue and Retreat for people to bond with their dogs in an outdoor setting like a Bed and Breakfast but using genuine Tee Pee's on the property and just enjoying nature, their dogs and themselves.

Where are you located?