Life expectancy of a Husky

SA DA KA

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No we don't, the Bakery has us very consumed and we were suprised in ourselves that we started SA DA KA. The bakery has been going for 19 years and would like to switch over to starting a new venture in the Health and Wellness for Dogs. We have been looking at 7 and more acres of land to start up a Husky Rescue and Retreat for people to bond with their dogs in an outdoor setting like a Bed and Breakfast but using genuine Tee Pee's on the property and just enjoying nature, their dogs and themselves.

me and marley would be there like a shot if we could ...what a lovley oppotunity you have ..good luck with your new venture .x

me and marley would be there like a shot if we could ...what a lovley oppotunity you have ..good luck with your new venture .x

Thank you, we will keep you posted on the venture. If you would like to see the bakery, you can "google earth" Johnson Vermont. It will take you outside of the Bakery and inside or Facebook too, Kayak SchleBelle home page and you will see Edelweiss Bakery.

just a google search as i am still learning about this wonderful breed

Answer:

Improve

I personally own a male Siberian Husky who will (hopefully!) get 17-year old in five weeks from now. I have no idea if it is a record and I would be surprised if it was, but I believe it is a good old age for this kind of dog (and I do hope it won't stop there, as he has been my buddy since 2-month old, so I can't imagine how I will feel when he's no more there...).

***01/01/09 I have a husky, named Muffy, who is 17 years 8 months old. The most amazing part of it though is that she is in near perfect physical health. Her only problem is that she cannot hear very good. She still runs fast, plays and doesn't have a creeky bone in her body. I am hoping I will have her many more years to come. I have had her almost half of my life.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_the_oldest_Siberian_Husky#ixzz1k2pdXbbe

[quote name='"saintlysinner :), post: 561264, member: 7513"']just a google search as i am still learning about this wonderful breed

Answer:

Improve

I personally own a male Siberian Husky who will (hopefully!) get 17-year old in five weeks from now. I have no idea if it is a record and I would be surprised if it was, but I believe it is a good old age for this kind of dog (and I do hope it won't stop there, as he has been my buddy since 2-month old, so I can't imagine how I will feel when he's no more there...).

***01/01/09 I have a husky, named Muffy, who is 17 years 8 months old. The most amazing part of it though is that she is in near perfect physical health. Her only problem is that she cannot hear very good. She still runs fast, plays and doesn't have a creeky bone in her body. I am hoping I will have her many more years to come. I have had her almost half of my life.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_the_oldest_Siberian_Husky#ixzz1k2pdXbbe

We are located in Johnson, Vermont. 30 minutes from Stowe and 45 minutes from Burlington

Shoot, that's far away from me! :(

How did you get the image of "Suka" at the bottom of your page? It is a real eye catcher! Love it!

You mean the animation of him trotting? I extracted it from a movie I took...which was a lot of work and was time consuming, then I converted it into a .gif file. Jos helped me slow it down so you can see his muscles move.

Thanks!

Shoot, that's far away from me! :(

You mean the animation of him trotting? I extracted it from a movie I took...which was a lot of work and was time consuming, then I converted it into a .gif file. Jos helped me slow it down so you can see his muscles move.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing "Suka's" animated picture.

The average lifespan of a husky is about 13 years. Some live considerably longer though. Raz (below) is 18 and still going strong. We had to have him neutered earlier in the year as he still got dangerously overexcited when the girls came into season. His owners work abroad for half the year, so he lives with us for the other half. He takes long walks each day, has a healthy appetite and shows no sign of slowing down yet.

IMG_5816.jpg

Mick

The average lifespan of a husky is about 13 years. Some live considerably longer though. Raz (below) is 18 and still going strong. We had to have him neutered earlier in the year as he still got dangerously overexcited when the girls came into season. His owners work abroad for half the year, so he lives with us for the other half. He takes long walks each day, has a healthy appetite and shows no sign of slowing down yet.

IMG_5816.jpg

Mick

What a handsome boy Raz is and looks like he has many miles still to go! Too bad for all the girls;)

IMG_5816.jpg

Mick

wow thats amazin ..he looks good ...

IMG_5816.jpg

Mick

I am in awe every time I see a picture of him - he looks great! :) Are you sure he doesn't have a mirror stashed someplace?

IMG_5816.jpg

Mick

What a beauty, and 18 years...OMG...we lost our Stormy girl, a gsd mix, but mostly husky at 14....too short, but she told us it was time. We don't really know how old our boys are, and Jessy is just 2, so barring any unforseen emergencies or illnesses, we expect to have them all for at least 10 more years before we start to worry!!!:yahoo:

IMG_5816.jpg

Mick

OMG he's beautiful! He looks so young and healthy!! I hope my two live to be that long.... i don't like to think about them being old :(