Hundreds of dogs saved

Val (Zebedee)

If you read the comments, some of them make your blood boil...but yet they DO make sense in a way even though we hate it...

Eating dogs is their culture and is normal for them, just like killing cows/sheep for food is normal for us. People in Vietnam eat dogs because they view the cow as a sacred animal...and THEY don't like it when we eat cows. I believe its all relative.

While I'm completely against eating dog meat, you still do have to respect their culture. There are many ways that dogs can be killed humanely so they can still eat their meat, and so that the animal does not suffer.

Besides, dogs are predators...why their meat is appealing to those I would never know...usually meat coming from predators isn't as healthy as herd animals.

I think it's slightly hypocritical to be protesting in other countries for eating their culture's meat and killing them inhumanely, yet WE kill cows, sheep, chickens just as inhumanely as they do... but not as obvious. We may not beat them to death, but many are not given a quick death as we'd like to believe. We also genetically modify them to make them more muscular/fat, so they can't move as they're so heavy, so we can have more meat per cow. We stuff them full of antibiotics which harms their health, and they live in horrible conditions like those dogs in China.

And its kind of hard to protest in China because they're communists (I believe), and they kill people for protesting over anything because they CAN. They squash any protest against the culture/government using ruthless force. There is no democracy and they censor the news, internet, and other media so they don't know that many Middle Eastern countries are rising up and rebelling.

Yet, you'd think all of this inhumane killing would make me a vegetarian. It doesn't, because I have to eat meat to stay healthy and to keep my iron levels up (I have anemia.). But, I still understand the issues which is why I try to buy my meat from a local butcher where I know the animals weren't fed antibiotics, killed humanely, and are free to roam acres of land.