Imaginary Friends...

Elyse

Hi guys,

So...I wanted to bring up a topic that I'm sure everyone has heard about or experienced. Imaginary friends.

I did some looking into it, because one of my baby cousins was acting weird and her parents didn't know why. It ended up that they have an imaginary friend.

It's apparently normal for kids to have imaginary friends, and for the friends to 'stick' around until teenage years. And its also supposed to be healthy as long as they have real friends as well, because it supports language development, social skills, and companionship when they feel alone.

So, I asked my Mom, and she said I never had an imaginary friend that she can remember. I've always had my big brother to keep me company, so I guess I never needed to develop one.

Have any of you had imaginary friends? What was it like? Do you even remember that far back?

(Sorry, lol, a random train of thought is in my head and I just wanted to post to get it OUT of my head. It's distracting me from working.)

I never had an imaginary friend, and have never met a kid that did. But I grew up being able to spend a lot of my time outside with other kids in the neighborhood, the park was a block away and my yard was big and good for playing. It seems like kids spend a lot more time in the house nowdays.

As long as she has other real friends I dont think its something you need to worry about :)

I use to have imaginary pets lol but never human imaginary friends lol. I happen to believe in the paranormal and sometimes a kids “imaginary†friend turns out to be a spirit that has attached its self to a child. Not that this is the case with every child and every imaginary friend but I've heard stories about this happening. Children are more sensitive an open to the paranormal than adults are.

I use to have imaginary pets lol but never human imaginary friends lol. I happen to believe in the paranormal and sometimes a kids “imaginary†friend turns out to be a spirit that has attached its self to a child. Not that this is the case with every child and every imaginary friend but I've heard stories about this happening. Children are more sensitive an open to the paranormal than adults are.

I absolutely believe in the paranormal. I've never had an experience, but I'm waiting.......

Never had an imaginary friend. Already had it busy enough with my own thoughts :D And besides that, I have always loved to be alone without any humans around me. Would hate it if this imaginary friend kept bothering me when I just want to be alone :rolleyes:

However...

I use to have imaginary pets lol but never human imaginary friends lol. I happen to believe in the paranormal and sometimes a kids “imaginary” friend turns out to be a spirit that has attached its self to a child. Not that this is the case with every child and every imaginary friend but I've heard stories about this happening. Children are more sensitive an open to the paranormal than adults are.

As a little child I was playing in the livingroom. Suddenly I started staring at the window in the front of the house. I apparently followed something floating high against the ceiling, travelling from the window in the front out to the window of the back of the house. When it left I walked over to a picture of my grandma, pointed at it and said "Grandma!" to my parents. :confused:

I don't remember a single thing of it myself, but my parents do and keep telling this story to me.

Many years ago my daughter used to speak to some imaginary child when she played - and always set her little toy table for two. She was an only child and I put it down to her being lonely and inventing a friend to play with. She says she didn't 'see' the child and the child never spoke back so it was just a game :)

Hi, yes I did !! I have one sister who was not very sociable. seriously - I was last born and I think she resented me. Anyhow, I dont remember it but my mum told me that I called her Julie and it lasted about 6 months. I believe in spirits as I saw my Grandad who died, I was only 5 and remember it to this day, very vivid. Don't listen to what you see/hear on spooky films, spirits, if it is that, are usually somebody kind and close to you and will protect.

As a little child I was playing in the livingroom. Suddenly I started staring at the window in the front of the house. I apparently followed something floating high against the ceiling, travelling from the window in the front out to the window of the back of the house. When it left I walked over to a picture of my grandma, pointed at it and said "Grandma!" to my parents. :confused:

I don't remember a single thing of it myself, but my parents do and keep telling this story to me.

That's really interesting. I've heard similar stories like that. Sometimes kids won't even know a relative that has passed away but will be able to give details or point them out in photos when they know nothing about them. Animals are also believed to be sensitive to the paranormal. My father died here at home, tragically I'll add but won't go into details. Often something will catch my dogs' eyes that I can't see. They will watch and follow it with their eyes and heads for a while then go back to normal. My camera is either too far away to get or is in a non working mood when this happens so I can't snap a pic at that moment which is annoying haha.

When my Nonna & Nonno passed away, I had dreams of mainly my Nonna. I think she was talking to me, and telling me to not worry about her and to live happy.

And, also, she knew a week or so before hand she was going to die. She had a heart attack.

My Nonno's death came as a complete surprise, though, nobody was expecting that he would pass a meer 4 days after my Nonna.