For those with multiple dogs

Smokey

I have 2 furkiddos male and a female both not been done as of yet. They have tried but been able to stop it... Alpha will be done sometime this year as I am working on getting he flight/fright out of him, and the vet said it would then be better to wait a bit (as he has only been with us for 6 months).

And yes they "fight" / play wrestle which can go into a fight if you do not stop this in time, command we have for this is 'Break' in our house. Bindi has always been dominant towards other dogs and still is the dominant one. You can esp. see this on walk when Alpha wants to sniff somewhere and Bindi sees this she will push him out of the way and sort of says to him: me first!!!

I have three all female and Freya is the more dominant one and put the other two in their place... not had any real fights though :) two older females have been spayed. The two younger ones get along brilliantly and they are like two naughty children at times who egg each other on :) but love to watch them all playing

If desexed dogs hump each other, they aren't trying to mate, they'd be doing it for other reasons.

I have three dogs and we don't have any fights in my household, I won't tolerate fighting. IMO amongst dogs "pack status" is fluid and can change constantly, as long as they understand I am the leader I am happy with them.

We have two males and two females all un neutered. The boys get on fine, they both know where they stand and will occasionally have a shouting match but nothing physical. The girls are a little more of a problem in that the older, previously dominant one became ill in September. After having been inseparable they initially got into some pretty intense fights but recently, as Safi's health has improved there has been an uneasy truce. We allowed her on the couch giving her a privilage the others don't get. And generally warn them off each other when the "look" comes in their eye.

i have four here

1 male and 3 females

other than the grumbles and a couple of bitch fights when we 1st bring in a newbie.......mine are all ok :)

they have an odd argument now and again,not a fight just a telling off you are getting on my nerves kind of thing!! lol

a bit like us really;)

mine aren't crated at all and if we go out they just all curl up and sleep with full run of kitchen and dining room......unless Shadow(the youngest) gets bored,then she'll have a nibble of the rug:rolleyes:

We have 3, 2 males and 1 female, all fixed. The boys were bonded when Jessy came, and she wanted to claim a spot and not feel like an outcast (see avatar). They play rough, but I wouldn't call it fighting unless she sticks her head in the food closet and Jack is around, as he thinks he owns that closet. See our videos, there's a couple of Jack and Jessy trying to figure it out. Neither were socialized much before coming here, so we are still working with them.

oh how i wish bings wasnt trying to mate with skyla despite being neutered! LOL

both the boys are neutered n skyla isnt YET - bings tries to hump her whilst shes in season but blaze couldnt care less

bings is top dog over blaze , blaze is top dog over skyla n skyla is top dog over bings

blaze n skyla will have the occasional tiff over a rawhide bone or a toy but a nice loud OI!!!! stops them

we now have 3 dogs, a female (Myshka, 6yrs old) we've had since a 10 week old pup, she was spayed 2 1/2 yrs ago, a neutered male (Diesel, 8 1/2 yrs old) we rescued 2 years ago; and 4 weeks ago, another male (Kaviq, 11 months) who was intact but we have had neutered.

We have been SO lucky that we have had no issues when any of the new dogs came into the pack. We introduced the new dog on neutral territory, took our existing pack out to meet the new one each time, which I think helped a lot. Now the pup & the bitch play fight but there has never been a growl in anger, but Diesel, the old man, can get a bit wound up with Kaviq (pup) as he's too full of energy; Diesel just gives a loud bark & Kaviq knows to leave him alone. All the dogs have learnt very quickly the boundaries with each other.

I would say Myshka is the alpha until Diesel has had enough of playtime & barks & even Mysh stops in her tracks! :P

There is no humping now, but Myshka tried to hump males AFTER she had been spayed! :rolleyes: Never did it before! She still has the odd slip on the offlead dog park if she is quick enough! Kaviq tried the first week he was with us, he didn't care what sex the other dog was! But since having the chop, he's calmed down :D

If you have multiple dogs in your household, do they ever get in fights. How do they decide who is the dominant one? Is it aggressive fighting?

If you have a male and a female dog (neutered) do they "do it"?

I have 2 females never had any fights as they both see me as pack leader niether have been spayed and niether will let a male near them.

I have a mixed sex pack, 2 sibe girls, one sibe boy and one staff x american bulldog boy

we have the odd scuffle, one of my bitches is very possessive, especially against my other bitch, but she gets put in her place quickly

fights here are never serious and are mostly noise, so we very rarely, if ever, step in. We let them sort themselves out.

One of the bitches is entire, and my staffy boy is also entire, he was ment to be neutered but got an abcess on his neck the night before his op so it was cancelled. My bitch will be staying with family during her heat to avoid accidents and also to avoid any friction between the boys

I have two neutered males. They don't fight. I don't permit any form of aggression toward each other. I truly feel that since I established this right from the getgo with the minor things that this is why there was never any escalation. I don't allow any sort of guarding at all, be it bed or bone. Nor do I permit one to steal from the other either. They aren't allowed to touch each other's food bowls so there is never any worry they won't get their share of food.

Scout is for sure the more dominant of the two, and Wyatt is so laid back that he will often willingly step aside, though if he decides he doesn't want to move he just... doesn't. No argument, just "nope. Nothin' doin'." I think this also goes a long way to preventing issues, because they don't both have strong personalities so there is no competition.

They do play, but there is no aggression.

I have 3 males all unaltered, different breeds and different ages. We don't have fights, they play and rough house but no serious fights. Me and Tim are top of the pack and as long as they know this and abide by our rules everything is fine. Koopa my pit bull is the dominant dog but he is passively dominant. Tenchi the pekingese and the youngest tends to boss and push Kuma the husky around. All in all we are a happy pack that gets along great.

i have 3 unneutered females they play fight but it never gets aggressive at the moment jessie is most dominant but diva tries to assert her dominance by humping lol

i have two 9 month olds one boy one girl and a 7 month old... they have been together for the past 5 months since pups but if they are outside alone the two older ones pick on the youngest boy. my husband left them outside to run to work for what he thought would be a min and a few hours later i got home and it looks like the older two have been chomping on the young ones back. no wounds or anything its just his hair is short to the undercoat and when they are out i do watch them. seems to be aggressive play but they have to be watched all the time. im hoping at a year the nutering may help.