Bikejoring-1st time with Leila

Arthur

So Leila is now 26 weeks old,we can start slow training;).

Today was first time(not too but i think):clap:.

Here are some photos of bike and equipment and a video.

Bike ,few months old but simple(need a better one.

Gloves

Helmet(required)

Backpack(free flow,wentilating back system),recomented

Sleed(ebay )

Rop 1 m long

Bungee 2 m long

That was really fun for her and my.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UU4sLPtZfV7fvX3BXuVvJmig&v=ygC88ftJMaUpost-10781-0-21574500-1377812163_thumb.j

post-5983-13586015219574_thumb.jpg

post-5983-1358601524597_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015248468_thumb.jpg

post-5983-1358601525082_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015252909_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015254976_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015256983_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015259091_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015262096_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015266913_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015268983_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015271118_thumb.jpg

post-5983-13586015273142_thumb.jpg

imo a bit to young to pull maybe to run next to your bike without any pulling yes for a short distance. just remember bones are not fully grown yet. it can cause problems later on....

As others have said, they shouldn't be allowed to pull the bike or run for excessive periods of time at this age but habituating the dog to the equipment and getting them used to a bike moving around them at this age is fine - a good idea in fact. It means when you come to actually bikejoring with her she'll settle right into it :) That equipment looks very expensive, I'm quite jealous! :P My Kiska's not particularly fond of bikes so although I've given it a go with her it's not something I'm going to be doing regularly with her, if it were then I'd probably save for some fancy kit like you have :D

This what we started today is hard to name training:).

I think a customing dog age of sevenand a half monthis nothing bad,especially if she is actually on line, but practically not pulls;)because i firmly help her.;)

I will only :training: her once a week no more like 15 min(the same like today) b4 she finish year:).

Anywaythanks forall the comments.

I hope you belive i do not give do nothing wrong my princess.:)

Progress will be reported update.

This what we started today is hard to name training:).

I thinkaccustoming dogage of sevenand a halfmonthis nothing bad,especiallyifshe isactuallyonline, butpractically not pulls;)because i firmly help her.

Alot of people on the forums do bikejoring, skijoring, scootering and mushing so they know quite a bit about it :P but if shes not pulling its not that bad but should be kept short as prolonged running is still not good. Did you use a GO Pro for that? Ive been hearing about it and it looks good you can attach it to whatever and its great for active videos :P

I have use Contour HD. Cheap like GP Pro. Maybe Pro is little better but like for my is all right. Most important things 4 me is -contour is much smaller:).Sound on both is rubbish:).

Go to my YT to check Contour on my motorbike track days ,egz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UU4sLPtZfV7fvX3BXuVvJmig&v=ykmCRSj3HME

I have use Contour HD. Cheap like GP Pro. Maybe Pro is little better but like for my is all right. Most important things 4 me is -contour is much smaller:).Sound on both is rubbish:).

Go to my YT to check Contour on my motorbike track days ,egz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UU4sLPtZfV7fvX3BXuVvJmig&v=ykmCRSj3HME

Ive never heard of that one...I owulda never heard of the go pro either if people didnt keep comming into my work asking about it rofl :P Nice videos :D the quality of that camera is really nice..love the sound of the bike :D

I agree with Claire (first for everything LOL) that 15 mins is probably a little too long at that age to be honest m8. Gotta say though I admire the effort your going to in making sure she enjoys what she's doing, getting used to it etc and that you seem to listen to others advice. I can say from what we see a lot people are not generally willing to take others advice even when they ask for it LOL. Great pics and look forward to seeing more :)

I agree with Claire (first for everything LOL) that 15 mins is probably a little too long at that age to be honest m8. Gotta say though I admire the effort your going to in making sure she enjoys what she's doing, getting used to it etc and that you seem to listen to others advice. I can say from what we see a lot people are not generally willing to take others advice even when they ask for it LOL. Great pics and look forward to seeing more :)

blimey Marc you becareful, i'd recommend an alcoholic drink now to recover.

I think I wrote a little bad about the 1st training.'ll Try again.

It just was not really training pulling, was more like learn,show, accustoming.I have no doubt that I am doing something wrong for my dog.

Everything wtat I do,

I read,consults with this gentleman (he knows what is says) on hes blog,forum. Igor Tracz .Of course I like to listen to advice. He also gave me some (better or not).

He said hes husky dogs and the rest run free around bike from sixth month old. From seven, eight months he start show,learn bikejoring.(does not mean trenning).

He always says that his experience shows ,is better whene dog run free around the bike for half an hour like with breaks etc as he was walking in the park three hours on lead.

Of course, he also say we need to look carefully at the dog,somethimes dog dont like runs in young age etc

In summary, after 7 months old you can start with some things but do everything slowly, gently,carefully watching the behavior of the dog:)This is what i do ;) . Why I so much writes in the Sunday morning.:banghead: Anyway wish you all a successful walk today (weather looks good):)

I think Iwrotea littlebadaboutthe 1sttraining.'ll Tryagain.

Itjustwas not really training pulling, was more like learn,show, accustoming.I have nodoubt thatI am doingsomethingwrongfor my dog.

Everything wtatI do,

I read,consultswith this gentleman(he knows what issays) on hes blog,forum. Igor Tracz .Of course I liketo listen toadvice.Healsogaveme some(betteror not).

He saidhes huskydogsand the rest run free around bike fromsixth month old. From seven, eight months he start show,learn bikejoring.(does not meantrenning).

Healwayssays thathisexperienceshows ,is better whene dog run free aroundthebikefor half an hour like with breaksetc ashe was walkingin the parkthree hours on lead.

Of course, he also say we need to look carefully at the dog,somethimes dog dont like runs in young age etc

In summary, after 7 months old you can start with some things but do everything slowly, gently,carefully watching the behavior of the dog:)This is what i do ;) . Why I somuchwritesin theSunday morning.:banghead: Anywaywish youalla successfulwalktoday(weatherlooksgood):)

Got to agree with you Arthur a little light running on the bike does them no harm as long as they don't pull. My pup who is 5mths pulls more when walking her on the lead I'm sure she is doing more damage.. She sometimes takes short bursts with one of my other girls on the bike just to release some of her energy :)

Well done to you for being so prepared and making it safe for your dog :)

I think Iwrotea littlebadaboutthe 1sttraining.'ll Tryagain.

Itjustwas not really training pulling, was more like learn,show, accustoming.I have nodoubt thatI am doingsomethingwrongfor my dog.

Everything wtatI do,

I read,consultswith this gentleman(he knows what issays) on hes blog,forum. Igor Tracz .Of course I liketo listen toadvice.Healsogaveme some(betteror not).

He saidhes huskydogsand the rest run free around bike fromsixth month old. From seven, eight months he start show,learn bikejoring.(does not meantrenning).

Healwayssays thathisexperienceshows ,is better whene dog run free around thebikefor half an hour like with breaksetc ashe was walkingin the parkthree hours on lead.

In summary, after 7 months old you can start with some things but do everything slowly, gently,carefully watching the behavior of the dog:)This is what i do ;) . Why I somuch writesin theSunday morning.:banghead: Anywaywish youalla successfulwalktoday(weatherlooksgood):)

Its not just the pulling, running them puts pressure on their joints as they run on the ground. with playing they stop/start when they want and its not continuous. People only have the dogs interest at heart. If you want to continue cos you know otherwise thats your choice its your dog but there's lots of information around which suggests running for that sort of distance is harmful. I love the enthusiasm tho, thats great. The other major information to be aware of (if you dont already) is temperature and humidity. I know its ok at the moment but there are still lots of warm days during the winter and spring is fast approaching. dont run your dog above 15 degrees (ideally 12) and never when humid. Quite literally a husky can collapse and die with little warning. A weather station is a must so you can determine whether its safe to run. a good guide very experienced mushers use is - add the temperature (F) with the humidity then it should be no more than 100.

EG if its 53F (about 12 degrees C) then the humidity should be no more than 47%. Its an excellent guide. Running this winter has been total pants as the temperature has been way too high through most of the winter apart from the odd blip.

So Leila is now 26 weeks old,we can start slow training;).

Today was first time(not too but i think):clap:.

Here are somephotosof bike andequipmentandavideo.

Bike ,few months old but simple(need a better one.

Gloves

Helmet(required)

Backpack(free flow,wentilating back system),recomented

Sleed(ebay )

Rop 1 m long

Bungee 2 m long

That was really fun for her and my.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UU4sLPtZfV7fvX3BXuVvJmig&v=ygC88ftJMaU[ATTACH=full]35663[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35664[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35665[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35667[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35668[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35669[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35670[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35676[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35677[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]35679[/ATTACH]

additional equipment i'd recommend is:

dog booties in case they are needed (get pup used to them being put on now)

Dog first aid kit (& knowledge how to use it) after all your out in the forest on your own

weather station to check temperature/humidity

A lead and walking belt in case you need to walk the dog back to your vehicle (one of you may get injured)