Homecoming

Redimp

Our furbabies came home today for the first time. Having shredded the atlas, eaten the puppy mats, tried and failed to steal a can of relentless and spilt water during the journey they then settled in at home within minutes much to my delighted surprise.

The first thing I have discovered is they like to dig in their water and carry the dish around with them, the second is a full kitchen roll and an empty box are far better toy than any we could have bought.

I am totally and utterly head over heels in love.

post-9643-0-10186400-1377902325_thumb.jp

post-6617-13586015315103_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015316591_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015317957_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015343453_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015345546_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015349194_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015350705_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015352103_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015353459_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015354733_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586015356168_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having shredded the atlas, eaten the puppy mats, tried and failed to steal a can of relentless and spilt water during the journey they then settled in at home within minutes much to my delighted surprise.

:rofl: All that just on the trip home .............. Oooooh boy, you are going to have FUN :doglaugh:

Because they have each other for moral (or otherwise) support, you are going to have to be very firm and consistent with them from day one. It is not going to be easy trying to train two at the same time - as I am sure you are already aware :) but oh my goodness, I envy you :) they are gorgeous :wub:

The digging in the water bowl is such a husky thing ........... it was a constant battle trying to keep the water in the bowl and not on the floor. My husband then built a metal frame and lifted the bowl off the floor. Now they just dunk their heads in :rolleyes:

Good luck, I wish you many, many hours of fun and laughter with you two precious bundles.

That "Morning mom I love you" greeting is just the best in the world isn't it? cuddles, licks, husky cuddles followed by breakfast and a manic ten mins in the garden. I really wouldn't want to spend my mornings doing anything else.

mmm more details please xD names? age? gender? :P they're all lovely btw. Have fun, hehee ;)

oops sorry. Atka who has the lighter face is a little girl and Keyush (already shortened to Yushi) has the darker mask that looks like the fleur de lys is my little man, they are both nine weeks old.

The digging in the water bowl is such a husky thing ........... it was a constant battle trying to keep the water in the bowl and not on the floor. My husband then built a metal frame and lifted the bowl off the floor. Now they just dunk their heads in :rolleyes:

What a brilliant idea, I shall get on that immediately.

My life has changed dramatically and it is most definitely for the better:grouphug:

Well they are certainly keeping me away from my pc/work/housework/facebook games but I don't think I have ever said awwwww or laughed as much as I have in the last two days.

The puberty thing we are talking to the vets about as I do want them both 'done' and will takes their advice as to the best way/time/order :)

Toilet training is going well although Atka is quicker at picking it up than Keyush (1-0 to the girls I feel). Crate training is er interesting but we'll get there and I really didn't want carpet in that corner of the room honest.

Well Atka and Yushi are doing well, the locals vets have a member of staff who owns huskies too so I know they are in good hands and they are pleased with them. They've demolished the house (downstairs) and the garden, everything including us are toys although that does exclude all the dog toys which they treat with true disdain.

Atka loves the cats but Yushi is still scared of them, he's a bit of a wusky rather than a husky at the moment. So destruction and chaos rules but we absolutely adore them, still smiling insanely even during the naughty moments and the broken sleep. Can't imagine my life without their smiling faces, wet lick filled love yous and wuffly noises.

I remember when that carpet was cream and the door was white, has it really only been a week? And all dads are edible yes?

post-6617-13586016106771_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586016108069_thumb.jpg

post-6617-13586016109408_thumb.jpg

YES...all dads are edible...and lovable (see our pics under Jessy's turn). They are just adorable, and since they are already bonded...you will have double the trouble but double the fun. Stick to your guns and make sure they know that you are the pack leader...the ALPHA!!! I think like humans, boys are a little slower sometimes in the housebreaking. We are fighting with marking right now, but ultimately, still can't yell at them. You won't have to worry about that struggle a year down the line about if you ought to get another for a playmate! We've done it twice, have 3 right now....and well, uh....how much room could one more take? Best wishes on your new love bugs!:welcome::wave::lovebone::lovebone::lovebone:

Last night I soundly berated my six soon to be seven year old son for losing the bt vision box remote AGAIN, just found the remote...

under the shed at the back of the garden with a bone, don't think I can blame my son for it this time :whistling:

Can you give puppies a three day TV ban?