She's Home!! (Pics)

kper

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The assistant director told me that she was on her way to the shelter and saw Ahna and a lab trotting down the road right in front of the shelter. She stopped, opened her door and said, " Let's go!" They both jumped in and the rest is history. Ahna had a collar with paw print images on it so somebody owned her. All we have is one more day and if the shelter doesn't get a call she's here to stay! I can't believe somebody isn't looking for her.

Okay so the one more day is over......does that mean Ahna is there to stay? :-D

Okay so the one more day is over......does that mean Ahna is there to stay? :-D

Yes it does! I phoned the shelter this morning to find out that nobody called to claim her. Sad for them but a great moment for us!:doglick:

The vet checker her out this morning and was really pleased with her. By the end of the check he said he was quite smitten with her demeanor and thought we were very fortunate. He placed her age at 8 months.

I still can't get over her calmness. Well, most of the time... our daughter has a 7 year old American Pitbull named Maddy who is an absolute lover and Ahna thought she'd show Maddy that she was top dog on the first day but Maddy has all but ignored Ahna (good thing for Ahna). They seem to be getting along now.

Last night Ahna must have felt a little more secure because she jumped on the bed 4 times last night. We don't care to have pets on the furniture so we give them their own stuff but evidently that wasn't good enough for her. I suppose she slept on the bed wherever she came from but she's now sleeping next to my side of the bed on her own bed (pad). I'll awake a couple times to find her checking in on me while I sleep with her nose on the edge of the bed. Not sure what she wants but we go outside just to make sure she doesn't have to go anyway. I'm guessing she's only just checking on me since she doesn't really want to go outside!

Almost 2 and a half days and not so much as a whimper from her in our presence. She doesn't talk of bark unless left in her kennel when we leave the house (we filmed her for an hour yesterday) and she worked for 30 minutes trying to get out then relaxed the last 30 minutes.

She has no training at all, it seems, not even "sit", so we'll be starting from scratch with her.

So far so good!:)

Received a surprise call from the shelter today and they said we could come in and take our rescue husky home 2 days early!

Kyle! WHOOP!

So happy you have found the perfect girl to share your home with (and with Karin, of course!)

Patience was worth it!

Just one question......when do Ryn and I get to meet her???????

*hugs*

Congratulations on getting her 2 days early. All the best and thank you so much for doing a rescue. Two out of our Three were rescues and we have never regretted it. As we always say, "everyone loves a puppy, but there are so many dogs who need a good home." :congrats:

Husky Lovers in Vermont!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.:)

Kyle! WHOOP!

Just one question......when do Ryn and I get to meet her???????

*hugs*

You know where we live!;)

If we are ever in your area we'll give you a shout.

Ahna does have some strange quirks coming to the surface, though. No deal breakers, just strange behavior that I'll share once I think she won't show me any new ones!

Karin thinks she's bi-polar!:jawdrop: