Can anybody help me pls, Bella still being sick....

Patti777

:anyhelp: Bella has been sick on and off for 5 days now, always when she awakes, whether in the morning or after her nap, sometimes yellow throth, sometimes the entire meal she has eaten previously. On Friday, I stopped giving her the usual food (Dry) which is a good make, and swapped it to three small meals of pasta with a tiny tiny drop of gravy for taste. This was the only day she was not sick. Think it must be the dry food?? strange as she has been on this for 2 months now and never had a prob. Apart from that she is lively, playful, hungry, thirsty, wet nose and gums are nice and pink???? any suggestions, will try pasta again today and if she is still sick pop her to vets tomorrow. THANK YOU....

:anyhelp: Bella has been sick on and off for 5 days now, always when she awakes, whether in the morning or after her nap, sometimes yellow throth, sometimes the entire meal she has eaten previously. On Friday, I stopped giving her the usual food (Dry) which is a good make, and swapped it to three small meals of pasta with a tiny tiny drop of gravy for taste. This was the only day she was not sick. Think it must be the dry food?? strange as she has been on this for 2 months now and never had a prob. Apart from that she is lively, playful, hungry, thirsty, wet nose and gums are nice and pink???? any suggestions, will try pasta again today and if she is still sick pop her to vets tomorrow. THANK YOU....

defo not pasta

how old is the dog?

have you starved for 24hrs?

has the dog been chewing bedding or anything? could she have something stuck?

poops normal?

regardless of all that, i'd defo take to the vet. As a bug would make the dog off colour and then back to normal where as her behaviour is still normal. 5 days is a long time.

Hi yes, worming up to date' poo poo normal, she is 6 months old. no, not tried starving her. She may have some crap in her tummy, but I've been watching her carefully the past few days.... nothing to report, she ate a stone the other day, was too late to get it out of her mouth and she swallowed it...... touched her tummy no pain reaction whatsoever, she is lively, wants to play and acting like normal otherwise, yes vet tomorrow, didnt take her sat as it stopped, well thought it had. Thank you all :thankyou:

Hi yes, worming up to date' poo poo normal, she is 6 months old. no, not tried starving her. She may have some crap in her tummy, but I've been watching her carefully the past few days.... nothing to report, she ate a stone the other day, was too late to get it out of her mouth and she swallowed it...... touched her tummy no pain reaction whatsoever, she is lively, wants to play and acting like normal otherwise, yes vet tomorrow, didnt take her sat as it stopped, well thought it had. Thank you all :thankyou:

go see the vet. Maybe x-ray?? the fact that she swallowed a rock made my heart jumped out O.o

My Malakai swallowed a conker whole on one of our walks back in December - I didn't see him do it - next day he was VERY sick, took him to the vets and he was having emergency surgery that night. The conker had got stuck in his intestine. Luckily I had taken him in just in time - he wouldn't have made it through the night. Needless to say he has bounced back and made a full recovery.

But you can NEVER be too careful with pups :) Get her to the vet :)

If she swallowed a small, smooth stone, pasta with some olive oil or fish is exactly what you want to feed. It may help pass the stone if it is small enough. But, the Risk is the stone could really do some damage once it gets into the intestines. Best to get her to a vet and have her checked for blockage ASAP. So I would withhold food and get her into the vet tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Hello, Happy to say that Bella is back to normal !!!! we spoke to the vet, gave her tiny portions of her regular feed (half handful) 5 times a day and she has not been sick since. Seems that she was eating so fast and not digesting. Could also have been something she ate over the park. Anyhow, 2 days now and shes fine. :clap::grouphug::thankyou:

Another option is; take some raw chicken on bone and boil for at least 40 min. this will pull all the marrow nutrients out into the water and the best part of the chicken, but only use enough water to just cover chicken parts, with lid on the pan. Bring to boil then simmer. Pour off broth and cool and pull chicken meat off bone and feed. Do not use skin but boil with skin on. This works very well when Kayak isn't feeling so good and we noticed his appetite goes up and then eats his normal food again. Other suggestions left are also good ones. Good luck.

Thank you everybody for all of your kind advice, thanks so much :) Yes, will still change her food, introduce another brand slowly.

I understand she's well on the road to recovery now which is brilliant but would like to mention we have one dog that's gluten intolerant. It means he can't have any products with gluten in them. ie: gravy, most treats, bits of toast, sausage an such like. It gives him rampant runs! In fact, unless it's a white meat treat non of mine get anything outside their daily food (how mean am I)lol. Just something to keep in mind for future reference :)