The difference 'tween dog owners and husky owners

Povodny

One of the things I love about being owned by my dogs is that unlike other breed owners, you will always find if they cross paths they will always stop for a chat.

My partner an I took the huskateers camping to the lakes and while in Keswick town centre bumped into two different husky owners, we stood for ages swapping experiences causing quite a stir and even becoming a mini attraction (was embarrassingly funny)

The same walking on the beach on several occasions. In fact anywhere and everywhere, husky owners are far more sociable than most other breed owners

:grouphug:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things I love about being owned by my dogs is that unlike other breed owners, you will always find if they cross paths they will always stop for a chat.

My partner an I took the huskateers camping to the lakes and while in Keswick town centre bumped into two different husky owners, we stood for ages swapping experiences causing quite a stir and even becoming a mini attraction (was embarrassingly funny)

The same walking on the beach on several occasions. In fact anywhere and everywhere, husky owners are far more sociable than most other breed owners

:grouphug:

Lol....i have actually changed path and crossed the beach to chat to another husky owner. Even had the owner of my boy's sister stop her car and wait at the beach car park for us just so she could see if it was in fact teeko. But, you never know, maybe lab owners are that friendly to other lab owners...they just avoid us and our scary wolf like dogs with a bad rep! Haha!

When we went camping in september we took all our dogs and we saw some elderly people with 2 gorgeous scotties! So ofcourse we had to take maisy to say hello (and Diesel dug his first hole while he was waiting lol)

Then 2 seconds later we saw a husky owner with a gorgeous husky that looked just like D (but older ofcourse) and we spoke to them aswell :) (and told them of the forum lol)

But i agree, husky owners are alot more sociable than most! although i do own a husky, a scottie and a chihuahua X and i dont see any scotties or Chihuahua Xs around here anyway! :P

Totally agree if i see someone with a husky i will go over to them. the other week i was driving home and seen a lad walking in direction to where i live i pulled up on the drive. run in got thorn and waited outside for him to pass and asked him 20 million questions think he thought i was mad! lived a few miles away and had a lovely red and white bitch and my thorn loved her! we r mad husky owners i dont care!lol:)

I'd like to add, whilst in Keswick, we went to eat at the Horse & Farrier in Threlkeld. It's great as it welcomes dogs but we rang ahead as we had more than one. They gave us a big table by the window and our lot plopped under the table and went to sleep.

All around us people had dogs who they were feeding tit bits to under the table and others were ooing and awwing at how sweet that was. It was only after we'd eaten and stood up to leave anyone realised we had three huskies.

I've never been so proud lol

That was pre Peppa, now we have four :)

I really do think you have to be a certain type of person to own a husky! Who else would pull the car over if they see the familiar curly tail or stop a complete stranger in the street & accost them as they tried to walk their furball?? I've had other breeds before & never come across the social side of dog ownership that I have since becoming owned by a husky! What do we do when we hear the old "Where's your sledge?" for the fifteenth time that day?? Smile & have a chat with them! :rolleyes: My half hour walks now take 2 hours because I get stopped so much (and Diesel slows down, but that's another story!!).

Yes, they certainly are a breed all of their own - as are the owners!! :P

my dogs dont get chance to mix freely with other dogs mine go off on the beach miles away from anyone no distractions. and when they do see dogs out on walks on the leash they go mad. want mine to mix more off the lead but it has to be a enclosed enviroment where i can watch them. fudge growls at everything but hes never had a fight a lot of it is noise and people are put off by this well non husky people anyway!:)

my dogs dont get chance to mix freely with other dogs mine go off on the beach miles away from anyone no distractions. and when they do see dogs out on walks on the leash they go mad. want mine to mix more off the lead but it has to be a enclosed enviroment where i can watch them. fudge growls at everything but hes never had a fight a lot of it is noise and people are put off by this well non husky people anyway!:)

Togo is like that, non husky people think he's being aggressive :|

Siberians and their people are one and dogs and their people are another. We understand:D

Lots of people think Teeko's Chewbacca noise is aggression and no matter how many warnings I give, there's always one person ready to accuse him of being aggressive. And its usually the one walking the ankle biter!

Made me chuckle, but oh so true lol