Floppy eared husky

Maralrez

I bought a Siberian husky from a trusted breeder that I bought my 2 other huskies from. My new babyish name is duke. He is 5 weeks old and his ears have not gone up! Should I be worried? What's going on?

At that age the ears will be floppy. I especially noted mine would drop even after 8 weeks if they had a spurt of teeth coming though. They are all absolutley fine ears pointing to the sky...:D

I bought a Siberian husky from a trusted breeder that I bought my 2 other huskies from. My new babyish name is duke. He is 5 weeks old and his ears have not gone up! Should I be worried? What's going on?

marleys ears were late going up ..dont worry about it ...

Realistically the breeder should be able to tell you about that, but from what I've heard it is pretty common for puppies to have floppy ears early in their lives. Especially when their teeth are coming in because the calcium is diverted from the ears to the teeth. My husky however never had floppy ears so I cant say from personal experience. I have pictures of him from 5 weeks and up and his ears are pointy. But I remember when I took him home at 7-8 weeks that the breeder said one of his ears wasnt as rigid as the other and it was because of calcium distribution and it would eventually become more rigid.DSC00817.jpgDSC00812.jpg

I have a puppy that's mostly husky but he's part wolf as well solid white with a touch of cream color, he's anywhere from 2-3 months old, ears are still flopp but so cute!!!!! Ill be taking him to the vet soon for all of his shots and figure out his age and wolf percentage. He is a ball of fur and pure addorable energy. Hopfully his ears will pop up soon.