Husky Holiday Homes....... ?

Chris83

we have not been abroad since getting our husky but we have bought a caravan ..but if we had to go abroad it would have to be a friend or fellow husky owner ,would not put them in kennels ,but thats our personal choice.kennels might work for some people..

if we had to go abroad it would have to be a friend or fellow husky owner ,would not put them in kennels ,but thats our personal choice.kennels might work for some people..

we go camping and take ours with us

We go camping also Kai loves it, but i also have a sister who lives in Hong Kong which means i am likely to make yearly trips to see her and my nephew. I dont think i could trust a non husky owner.

we have not been abroad since getting our husky but we have bought a caravan ..but if we had to go abroad it would have to be a friend or fellow husky owner ,would not put them in kennels ,but thats our personal choice.kennels might work for some people..

we will have vlad for you but vixen chews to much lol

My partner plays rugby and I go to watch on Saturdays. At an away match I got talking to a chap who's wife takes dogs while owners are on holiday, they get a home from home environment. We got talking because I had Safi with me and she'd just been diagnosed with liver failure, all her belly was distended and had been totally shaved. He gave me his number and is in the Liverpool area if you're interested in contacting him

when we first got Myshka, she must have been about 18 months old, we put her in kennels a few times that summer while we went away, it is a small one in the village, but for the last 4 yrs, our holidays have been with the furkids!

If you are thinking of using a kennels, I'm not sure now huskies have become a much more popular pet but we had trouble finding one that would take a husky, their howling & talking used to rouse the other dogs in there & they'd all sing all night! lol

I would never let any of mine go through the stress of kennels unless it was absolutely necessary. If can't find a family member or friend to watch their fur babies, I would be happy to free of charge. Its the least I could do, as I have founds loads of help, on not only this forum, but all of the husky forums I go to which is only 3, but still!

If I go abroad then my family or husky knowledgeable friends look after my girls, if they can't then I don't go away. My 2 wouldn't cope in kennels and I just couldn't bring myself to leave them there.

I'm far too paranoid for kennels so my best friend has the job! We went to spain for a friends wedding (booked before we got teeks) so she just moved in for the fortnight. Not sure how keen she'd be to do it again for a long period but she's happy to take the job for a night or 2!

Other than that...looks like its time to explore the campsites and pet friendly lodgings that the UK has to offer!

We stayed here about 2 years ago, we took three dogs with us. The only condition they have is no dogs in the bedroom. It was fabulous. there are other cottages to choose from around the estate and I Highly.. that's stressed btw, recommend booking a table at the Boat House restaurant. While we were there, a couple of ghillies moored up and brought a stag up the landing stage. I turned to my partner an asked, "how fresh do you want your venison?"

http://kingairloch.co.uk/property/7/elastic-cottage/

We are so on board with your reply. We haven't been any where except locally and our policy is : if they can't go..we don't go!:lovebone:

I'm very fortunate, three of my four children still live at home. So the dogs have never been left with anyone they don't know. We try and take them with us whenever possible and my partner stayed at home with them when I went to my grand daughters christening weekend in Salisbury

I also have too many to board, so have in the past had my dad come over to take care of my guys... At this point, Becky/Austinville would be quite happy (once she's on the mend! ;)) to come over and take care of my pack. (My dad is older, and I'd be afraid of him getting hurt!) If I had only one or two, however, I'd have no hesitation in having my vet (the main boarding kennel in the area) board them for me - the dogs know them and the facility (not to say they're overly happy to be there, necessarily - you KNOW what he removes there, after all!), and they're familiar enough that I wouldn't worry...