huskies and collars

naomiJayne

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guys always wear collars unless there in the bath or bring brushed. Gus, jasper and hollie go mad iif I take there collars off they whine till I put it back on bless them I think with jaz and gus its because they think there leavin if we take there collars off I've not seen any damage to there fur. I think they look weird without collars and there necks look to long lol

Roxy wears hers 24/7 it's quite loose, but again if she got out i would rather her have her I.D tag just incase!

Just a question.. this lady never puts collars on her dogs? Isn't it illegal in the UK for a dog to be out without a collar and tag?

It is illegal not to have a tag on your dog in a public place, it has to have address and name of the owner on it. If you are caught without you can be fined up to £5000!

It is illegal not to have a tag on your dog in a public place, it has to have address and name of the owner on it. If you are caught without you can be fined up to £5000!

mine dont have my address on. simply coz it could be a security risk.

You can just put the house number and postcode instead :)

mine dont have that.

they have phone numbers which I feel is very important.

and they have a second tag indicating they are neutered and microchipped (even though angel isnt neutered yet lol)

If she's in the house with me I take it off her but if she steps foot outside the door she has one on. She is microchipped but when she escaped it was that much more scary because I knew she didn't have a collar on.

For safety reasons, I would prefer letting Kira have her collar on 24/7 bcoz huskies are full of surprise. She can be sleeping and then bolt the door one second after x_x even if she's microchipped I believe this is what's going on a person's mind when they found a dog wandering around: "that dog has no collar it must be a stray" :confused: now even if they say collars damage furs, what actually happened is a few flattened fur or in some cases rougher. The coloring or anything else didn't change and it doesn't bother the dog at all. If THIS is what I'm risking to keep my dog safe, then I'll take it. I honestly won't mind having a few rougher/flattened fur if it means keeping him safe and sound :) in most cases the fur wasn't damaged at all btw!

Yes phone numbers are important, its only cause the Control of Dogs order states to have name & address of owner on it is why i put mine on. Id rather go without the fine :)

:eek: u need name and address too?! I only put my phone number in Dime's dog tag bcoz criminals are everywhere in here and I don't want to give out too much personal info to some strangers x_x

:eek: u need name and address too?! I only put my phone number in Dime's dog tag bcoz criminals are everywhere in here and I don't want to give out too much personal info to some strangers x_x

same reason I dont,

besides if they dont get lost, they wont know what I do and dont have on my tags lol

I know its not the best having to put those details on there :rolleyes: Here is a link to some info about what you have to put on the tags

http://www.yourdogsneeds.co.uk/dog-tags-and-the-law-a-83.html

seriously? they say not to put the dogs name on the tag!:headbang: why the hell wouldnt you? how on earth will anyone know the dogs yours

and why do you have to out your name on it!

honestly most pepople would think the dogs name is Louise!"

You know what, the law is a joke.

I won't put all of my personal info on a dog tag like that tbh =\ what if someone read them all when Dime's out walking with me? Or if there's any off-lead dog park near here, it'd be more scary =\ what if some random person pretend to "be nice": call the dog, pet him give him treats etc etc while writing down my personal info x_x

EDIT: agree with Louise. If I write down "Olivia" on the dog tag people would think I'm crazy for giving a girl's name to a male dog >.> Diamond only has his name and my phone number on his dog tag ._. guess that's more than enough

I won't put all of my personal info on a dog tag like that tbh =\ what if someone read them all when Dime's out walking with me? Or if there's any off-lead dog park near here, it'd be more scary =\ what if some random person pretend to "be nice": call the dog, pet him give him treats etc etc while writing down my personal info x_x

EDIT: agree with Louise. If I write down "Olivia" on the dog tag people would think I'm crazy for giving a girl's name to a male dog >.> Diamond only has his name and my phone number on his dog tag ._. guess that's more than enough

I think the arguement Liv is that in the uk its apparently Law.

well considering the LAW means innocent dogs get pts for doing nothing other than existing the LAW can go stick itself!

maybe it depends what KIND of collar they wear ? like leather is harder then nylon webbing etc so that might b what they meant?

with regards to tags mine have no names on - every1 knows the dogs anyway but we do have our FULL address - west mids / uk etc - i heard that was a good thing to have if u take ur dogs on holiday

my mobile number (cuz i am the only 1 who always has my phone on me)

house number

and it states they are microchipped

ill b getting new tags soon tho so state they have both been neutered so if they get stolen they are more likely to find their way home n wont be kept to try n breed from

Ryn wears her collar 24/7 (unless being bathed). The only tags she has is the one from the vet certifying she has her rabies shot (also includes his phone number AND I trust that if contacted he will contact me!) The second is her 'Home Again' tag, which provides a phone number to call if she should be found and her ID number so that they can contact me.

No other info on collar or tags. (For Ryn's protection as well as mine.)