CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Val (Zebedee)

Driving home from work, it was really miserable & grey - then I drove through a hailstorm! The whole motorways was covered in white in seconds, lorries were swerving as they braked, it was all of a sudden! I thought, I wouldn't like to be out there in that, broken down & no shelter!!! Famous last words!! :duh:

I heard a loud "POP" from the back of the car a few minutes later, when the hail had stopped & I was a few miles down the clear motorway ... hmmm ..... then the car started vibrating - marvellous! A Blow out! Good job I was only doing 55 in the middle lane because of the weather we'd just been through!

Pulled on to the hard shoulder, back nearside tyre is flat & smoking! Yippee!! NOT! I called Grumpy to let him know I hadn't called in the pub for a quick half on the way home, I was stuck! :mad: Called the rescue service who said, as I was a woman, on my own, on a motorway, I was priority, they would be there in 55 mins! :jawdrop: AH well, better get safe then ....... so I trotted up the embankment out of harm's way. As I stood, hopping from 1 foot to the other, I was getting colder but watching the clouds blow over & not drop their hail!

I work in an office & was only wearing thin boots - then I remembered I had my safety steel toe capped boots in the car! So on they went till the nice fella in the flashing van came along & changed the tyre - but one of the 5 bolts sheared off! :banghead: And just as he was tightening the bolts on the emergency tyre, down came the hail again :rolleyes:

Hey ho - didn't want to get home on time anyway!!!!!!! :P

I'm so glad you're ok, a blow out could have been a lot worse in those conditions. But I hear you on the car front! 3 break downs in one week, 2 tows, 1 restart, 8 days in the garage 350 squids an still don't know what the problem is. It's an 06 honda crv and it's going. I love the car but can't be doing with not knowing if it'll get home, or there! plus my partner works all over the country an it's first tow was from Kidderminster.

Anyone have an opinion on an insignia estate?

What an ordeal to end your day. Hope tomorrow is much, much better.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.