do i 'DIY' (hair)

BingBlaze n Skyla

i want my pink (everchanging colour) hair back

now do i risk bleaching it myself (aka get mum to help / get her to do it)

or do i save up n get it done properly??

what dya reckon?

this is DIY pink

[ATTACH]36488[/ATTACH]

and this is hairdressers pink

[ATTACH]36489[/ATTACH]

post-95-13586016155545_thumb.jpg

post-95-13586016155906_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think thats cuz i had it cut too lol dunno - i might just add SOME colour instead of going all over

when I do my hair I always do it DIY I just use a conditioning shampoo.

I'm going next month to have my first ever hairdresser dyed hair.

excuse the face (yuck)

The OH does mine normally -

post-7406-0-45905700-1379343913_thumb.jp

post-6152-13586016183286_thumb.png

post-6152-13586016184192_thumb.png

wish i could do something like that with my hair i just havent got the confidence though

The confidence to actually do it or to go out in public with pink hair?

Either way, just do it! I was terrified when I first did mine, when I washed out the dye, I loved it! It gave me all kinds of new confidence :)

I normally do my hair myself. Well, get my sister to do it for me. If you read about the bleach and how much to use you should be ok. Lucky for me my best friend just finished beauty school and is apprenticing so I got my hair dyed bright red and black and a cut for $10! And it looks awesome.

The confidence to actually do it or to go out in public with pink hair?

Either way, just do it! I was terrified when I first did mine, when I washed out the dye, I loved it! It gave me all kinds of new confidence :)

i think its a bit of both really as i literally have no confidence at all due to past experiences im really trying to build it up though as ive arranged a husky meet to make new friends which is something i find quite hard. maybe ill go for a different colour something sutnle to start with and build up to the pink lol

i think its a bit of both really as i literally have no confidence at all due to past experiences im really trying to build it up though as ive arranged a husky meet to make new friends which is something i find quite hard. maybe ill go for a different colour something sutnle to start with and build up to the pink lol

That's brilliant! (arranging husky meet) Good for you, I know it's hard :( When I was at school, I used to dye the bottom layer or tips of my hair different colours, I found that the best way to build it up :) All depends on you and what you feel comfortable doing though, just remember that no one elses opinion matters but your when it comes down to your hair/looks or whatever :)

That's brilliant! (arranging husky meet) Good for you, I know it's hard :( When I was at school, I used to dye the bottom layer or tips of my hair different colours, I found that the best way to build it up :) All depends on you and what you feel comfortable doing though, just remember that no one elses opinion matters but your when it comes down to your hair/looks or whatever :)

thank you x

when I do my hair I always do it DIY I just use a conditioning shampoo.

I'm going next month to have my first ever hairdresser dyed hair.

excuse the face (yuck)

The OH does mine normally -

[ATTACH=full]36521[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]36522[/ATTACH]

i wanted red but EVERY1 round here has red so i cant :( urs looks awesome

Do you use bleach or hydrogen peroxide? I remember when it was all the rage to have coloured highlights in fringes and my kids used to use 5% hydrogen peroxide and mixed it with some sort of white powder. Can't remember what it was called and it literally stripped all the colour out of the hair and left it pure white before they added in the colour as doesn't bleach turn the hair slightly yellow? I praise the lord for Clairol everyday as I use it every 6 weeks to cover up my grey hair, so I don't need to strip the colour out. I did work with an Art Teacher who was allergic to make up and she used to have a variety of really bright colours and patterns in her hair to make up for not wearing make up.