how to tone up

BingBlaze n Skyla

im pretty lazy n the pizzas have NOT been kind to me

i have a FEW lbs i wanna loose but wanna tone up my stomach at the same time

i am CRAP at doing sit ups

any idea what i can do to tone up ? ive stopped eating 3 pizzas a week and am only having 1 havent had cheese in over a week (apart from a TEENY bit on my jacket potato the other day aswell)

but dont wanna keep the belly lol

Well if you really wanna know...

Sit-ups are ok, but chin-up work better if you raise your knees up to hip level and use your stomach mainly to lift your self, and just the arms as a bit of help and a guide. Imagine sitting in a chair and lifting yourself up with a bar above you at arms length.

It hurts the first few times, but that's only because the muscles are actually doing some work, do 3 sets of 15, with a 60 second interval between sets, every other day, remember "rest" is exercising too. In a week you'll notice muscle tone and in a month you'll be a new man.

Speed things along on a protein diet, not the shakes, but chicken, fish, steak, beef and some veggies.

Ohh and have something soft to land on lol

EDIT: If you really wanna get fancy, you can hold your left wrist with your right hand and work the sides too, cross over hands to get the other side. I'd recommend a wrist support, or someone to spot you while your working.

Well if you really wanna know...

Sit-ups are ok, but chin-up work better if you raise your knees up to hip level and use your stomach mainly to lift your self, and just the arms as a bit of help and a guide. Imagine sitting in a chair and lifting yourself up with a bar above you at arms length.

It hurts the first few times, but that's only because the muscles are actually doing some work, do 3 sets of 15, with a 60 second interval between sets, every other day, remember "rest" is exercising too. In a week you'll notice muscle tone and in a month you'll be a new man.

Speed things along on a protein diet, not the shakes, but chicken, fish, steak, beef and some veggies.

Ohh and have something soft to land on lol

EDIT: If you really wanna get fancy, you can hold your left wrist with your right hand and work the sides too, cross over hands to get the other side. I'd recommend a wrist support, or someone to spot you while your working.

sounds good cheers - tho im not sure about the new man part ;) lol i think ill stick to being a woman LOL

• 1 month later...

Sit ups are one of the best ways to tone up your midsection. If you have trouble with them, like I do, to start you can wedge your toes/feet underneath something flat and heavy (like a bed or a couch). It really helps, and I still get a good workout.

The trick is to go slowly at first so you don't feel sore the next day. You should also warm up and cool down as well after a lot of exercise, stretching is a must as well.

Steps on how to do them properly: http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Sit-Ups

More exercises you can try: http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/a/coreandposture.htm

Oh... good question.

Well, I definitely agree you need to increase your protein intake... eat poultry, beef, eggs etc. I would avoid pork for the most part as it's not very lean. Also, make sure to eat lots of fruits and veggies - if you are going to start working out, you definitely need all the energy you can get.

By the way, you don't need to give up cheese! It may be fattening, but it also has protein in it, so as long as you don't exaggerate, it's not a problem.

I would advise being cautious and taking it easy in the beginning. Also... if you plan to tone up your stomach, you need to tone up your back muscles as well. Otherwise it may not have a very good effect on your back. I usually did exercise classes targeted on ab muscles, they were quite good and they made sure you worked all your ab muscles, not just the lower or the upper. So when you start a routine, make sure to include exercises for the upper muscles (like crunches), but also for the lower groups as well like reverse crunches etc. I would also include a plank exercise of some sort, as that's what really builds up the strength. And as I said, don't forget about your back. And keep proper posture all the time! This is really important, I have back and knee issues and whenever I don't do the exercises properly I can feel it - it's not nice.

usually when I put on too much weight in a week I extend the jogging period (with Dime) and lose more than I gained few days later .____. would jogging help, Nix? Oh and one more vote for the veggies+fruits. THE veggies+fruits. Not the fruit juice

usually when I put on too much weight in a week I extend the jogging period (with Dime) and lose more than I gained few days later .____. would jogging help, Nix? Oh and one more vote for the veggies+fruits. THE veggies+fruits. Not the fruit juice

maybe i have 2 be careful n take skyla out on her own as of 2moz after her spay

so me n blaze could start running again :) , ive cut out loads of rubbish junk food , will have 2 start eating more fruit n veg too :)