no heart beats at 5 week scan

missy123

Sorry, I've been out and only just got on Husky Owners...

Unfortunately, I haven't had that many scans/ultrasounds done, so I can't give a definite answer. I will say that it's been my experience with the ultrasound machines my vet's have had that it can be difficult, sometimes, to really get a good view of what's happening, especially if the vet or tech doing the scan doesn't have a lot of experience and skill. I would also believe that if the bitch is moving around that it would also be harder.

A little bit of clear discharge wouldn't concern me greatly. Watch for colored discharge, as previously mentioned, as well as odor. As long as she seems to be feeling well (not suddenly lethargic or not eating well, no fever) she's probably ok. It's possible, even so, that if the puppies have died, that she would be fine - it's common that in that case, the puppies' bodies are just resorbed into her system. I've only lost one litter over the years after pregnancy was confirmed - and that litter was conceived (accidentally!) on day 26 after I first saw blood - I thought she was out of season!

thank you, she got another scan at 7 weeks. so fingers crossed she will be ok. ill watch for a change in her and for the discharge. but she seems fine and is still putting on weight. and her appetite is the best its ever been :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you, she got another scan at 7 weeks. so fingers crossed she will be ok. ill watch for a change in her and for the discharge. but she seems fine and is still putting on weight. and her appetite is the best its ever been :)

That sounds perfectly normal and very good news! Being hungry and putting on weight at that point generally means puppies are growing rapidly. Be aware that appetite will often decline as the puppies get large enough that her stomach and intestines are crowded - she might be most interested in meat or people food at that point...

That sounds perfectly normal and very good news! Being hungry and putting on weight at that point generally means puppies are growing rapidly. Be aware that appetite will often decline as the puppies get large enough that her stomach and intestines are crowded - she might be most interested in meat or people food at that point...

just an update on missy, she still gaining weight, but now im feeling movements in her tummy when she laying down :)

We have to wait until sutsibe replies...she usually comes on late evenings in my time (EST).

Hopefully the new vet can give you better answers...I'll keep my fingers crossed!

just an update on missy, she still putting on loads of weight, now im feeling puppies kicking in her tummy when she laying down which is brilliant :)

just an update on missy, she still putting on loads of weight, now im feeling puppies kicking in her tummy when she laying down which is brilliant :)

aww thats lovely news xx