bikes and huskies

Leyka&Diva

ive now have a nice shiny new bike and im wanting to be able to take the dogs out running on it but im unsure of what is best for both huskies and staffies do i get a bike joring kit for it or do i get a side attachment which would best?? ideas please x

Be careful! I suggest you not let them pull you on concrete. I did that with my 2 huskies and my male got blisters

we have alot on grass field and dust track near where i live im guessing they would be ok right?

I'll be getting a springer for Kira when she is old enough but that's only because I want her next to me and not in front of me

thats what ive been looking at divas not old enough yet as she only 7 and a half months but i have an 18month old staffie who could do with exercise lol shes a bit tubby lol

thats what ive been looking at divas not old enough yet as she only 7 and a half months

Kira is 8months old tomorrow so I still have a little while to wait. You could train your girl on the springer (or whatever) if you got one now..just don't run her on it.

I plan to get mine a little before Kira is 1 so I can get her used to being hooked up to it-the noise it makes-walking along side it etc

Kira is 8months old tomorrow so I still have a little while to wait. You could train your girl on the springer (or whatever) if you got one now..just don't run her on it.

I plan to get mine a little before Kira is 1 so I can get her used to being hooked up to it-the noise it makes-walking along side it etc

good idea

that one looks good thanks for the link x

good idea

that one looks good thanks for the link x

I have one, they are great.

Just make sure that the stem connection is ROCK SOLID tight under the seat.

As others have said DO NOT RUN your pup until they are at least a year old.

the damage to the joints and ligaments does not become apparrent until they are much older and the early wear and tear causes

joint deterioration many years earlier than it would normally.

I have one, they are great.

Just make sure that the stem connection is ROCK SOLID tight under the seat.

As others have said DO NOT RUN your pup until they are at least a year old.

the damage to the joints and ligaments does not become apparrent until they are much older and the early wear and tear causes

joint deterioration many years earlier than it would normally.

thanks for your help i wasnt planning on running diva until she is over one but was going to train/get her used to the bike by pushing the bike with her attached lol x

We tend to find that running them in front of the bike is more a natural position for a husky... i use a bikejoring attachment but my OH just attaches the lead around the frame of the bike. Are you close to anyone else who bikejores and if so could you meet with them to check out their set up and maybe give her a little run with their husky to start her off. We run with a group and find attaching an inexperienced husky to one who is used to running will help them to learn...

Good luck but remember what ever you try keep yourself safe and your dog.. start off slowly and build it up and remember to wear a helmet :)

see i like the idea of both im going to see if there is anyone near that would let me have a look at there set up and show me how its done lol oh and ive order a helmet too lol