Grooming

noheroesanymore

Mine get a yearly grooming unless something happens that absolutely requires bathing. I use a good whitening dog shampoo on my lighter colors, and a darkening shampoo on my black/white.

The exception to the above "rule" in my house is my show dog who gets a full grooming before each show.

My Taz used to get baths 1-2 times a year. He was a clean, pretty-boy type :) Echo, on the other hand, is a tomboy, and loves to play in mud and get filthy (and of course, she's white lol), so I will probably start doing every 3 months or so, which means she is due next week. When she does get mud on her, I just rinse her off (instead of a full bath) and brush her, as her coat would get ridiculously dry if I had to bathe her everytime she got dirty, haha

Oh, and as for shampoo/conditioner, I'll usually use an oatmeal shampoo. And the conditioner I've been using is a Coconut Milk & Aloe conditioner, smells wonderful and does an excellent job pulling out loose undercoat :)

I rarely bath Diamond that's for sure. In fact, bathing him is an occasion so rare I forgot what kind of shampoo I used O_O aaanyway I remember the shampoo smelled nice and it was meant to keep his fur shiny and soft x) I wanted to bathe Dime bimonthly but parents don't agree and bathe him monthly.

Mine get bathed as and when needed, usually about twice a year except for Bo who rugby tackles fox poop which requires him to be smothered in tomato sauce to kill the smell and then washed out. I find tea-tree shampoo best but if I don't have it in I just use what's in the house. Baby shampoo doesn't seem to kill the smell so I tend to keep away from this. I don't use conditioner as it's like world war 3 in the bathroom at bath time and if I bath them in the garden I end up being more wet than they are.